Genuines vs Stranges

Dramien

Okay so I've had this original for a week and have been getting offers that keep getting retracted, but on my strange one got offers almost instantly. Why does the community value Stranges over genuines? If you think about it, your most likely going to sell or farm your strange anyway so why even buy them? I'd like to here everybodies thoughts on this.

Because people are more likely going to use a strange weapon since it calculate kills over a Genuine weapon which really means you got it through a promotion code/game/etc

I'll use myself as an example here. 

I literally cannot use a weapon if it is not strange. I HAVE to count all of my kills in some way, shape, or form. 

I buy stranges to keep and use, personally. 

Having a strange with a massive amount of kills is an intense intimidation tactic.

1. Farming servers ---> 9,000 kills ---> 9,000 E-peen ---> everyone's skeered

2. Everyone else farms kills, too ---> Everyone's E-peen >9,000

3. ????

4. 9,000 E-peen no longer intimidating--In fact, massive amounts of kills on a Strange usually make me assume the owner is a kill-farming dweeb who wants to compensate for lack of skill with high kill count. At best, I assume they're only good with that one weapon or one class.

On topic:

Supply and demand, and Strange isn't always > Genuine. In the case of the Original, Stranges are rare because they're from a Salvaged crate. However, look at Neon Annihilators and Flying Guillotines (Just the two first examples I thought of). Genuines are worth quite a bit more because the Stranges have high supply.

In fact, massive amounts of kills on a Strange usually make me assume the owner is a kill-farming dweeb who wants to compensate for lack of skill with high kill count. At best, I assume they're only good with that one weapon or one class.

Whenever I see someone with just barely above 8500 kills on a strange

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1. Farming servers ---> 9,000 kills ---> 9,000 E-peen ---> everyone's skeered

2. Everyone else farms kills, too ---> Everyone's E-peen >9,000

3. ????

4. 9,000 E-peen no longer intimidating--In fact, massive amounts of kills on a Strange usually make me assume the owner is a kill-farming dweeb who wants to compensate for lack of skill with high kill count. At best, I assume they're only good with that one weapon or one class.

yea not like the cool kids who like their own posts amirite.

lol@u

35k+ kills on my s machina, hales own kritz. epic degreaser. epic jag. not selling ever. never farmed. 

35k+ kills on my s machina, hales own kritz. epic degreaser. epic jag. not selling ever. never farmed. 

But you COULD have farmed them, and there's no easy way to tell the difference between real kills and farmed, and no one but you knows the truth (Unless/until you ruin someone repeatedly). So those numbers mean nothing to anyone but you O_o

Also, if you're counting Valve/clan pub servers as not-farming, umm, yeh, maybe you shouldn't. :P

yea not like the cool kids who like their own posts amirite.

Two kinds of people in the world

1. People who like their own posts

2. People who can't count

3. People who post such terrible things that they don't even like them

Two kinds of people in the world

1. People who like their own posts

2. People who can't count

3. People who post such terrible things that they don't even like them

You must be type #2 because you listed 3 kinds of people when you said there were 2.

Stranges >>>>>> genuines

Since I actually play TF2 unlike some traders I like to set myself challenges such as racking up kills on strange weapons. Example would be my medigun which is soon to be hales own.

Strange count kills, level up, can be farmed, etc.

Genuines are just the original versions of what can be crafted with a green text

Genuines only really matter on miscs/hats that don't have a strange form.

You must be type #2 because you listed 3 kinds of people when you said there were 2.

He must also be Type #1 because he likes his own posts

You-dont-say.jpeg

Archived