Crate contents?

Rebirth

So with these new rubber ducky crates we are no doubt getting more hat's and miscs. But which specfic one's do you think on the workshop will get put in? Also sadly usage of the illuminati and noscopes will result in no cookies or duckies for you. thats right no duckies for you!!!

Or

Every uncrate is an unusual

Haunted screp metal

Or

Every uncrate is an unusual

Haunted screp metal

inb4 someone quotes the whole thing.

Im guessing it would be some stuff I had seen a while back on workshop like tropical jackets and stuff they looked pretty good and clipped ok with other stuff

Someone managed to find the coding for the crates and it lists that there are going to be weapons in them as well, acting similar to naughty crates where some of the items may come in strange quality.

Someone managed to find the coding for the crates and it lists that there are going to be weapons in them as well, acting similar to naughty crates where some of the items may come in strange quality.

Link and proof plox dont make me take away the cookie

Update released! Contents are Strange Gunslinger, Strange Machina, Bat Outta Hell strangifier and Ham shank strangifier.

Seems legit not really

It's a bit of a long read but if you scroll to near the bottom it has the crates schema for the items inside https://github.com/SteamDatabase/SteamTracking/compare/eaf6eae3168b...cf077f0cc43d

And now looking at it for myself, it seems that a majority of it is indeed hats/miscs, with a strange part in it if my eyes are garbage XD

What soldier hats are in it? And no gunslinger strangifier?

What soldier hats are in it? And no gunslinger strangifier?

It just lists the bare coding for the crates contents, so there is really no way to tell which item in there is for which class. And like I said before, the only strange it lists in there is a strange part, or strange armory as it's called in the list.

It's a bit of a long read but if you scroll to near the bottom it has the crates schema for the items inside https://github.com/SteamDatabase/SteamTracking/compare/eaf6eae3168b...cf077f0cc43d

And now looking at it for myself, it seems that a majority of it is indeed hats/miscs, with a strange part in it if my eyes are garbage XD

Lol that's the entire update

The 'Soldier Hats' you are looking at are teh Strongbox items xD

It just lists the bare coding for the crates contents, so there is really no way to tell which item in there is for which class. And like I said before, the only strange it lists in there is a strange part, or strange armory as it's called in the list.

Maybe it's a new addition to the game :D which makes any weapon strange

"name": "Summer Crate 2014",

+ "defindex": 5761,

+ "item_class": "supply_crate",

+ "item_type_name": "Supply Crate",

+ "item_name": "Limited Late Summer Crate",

+ "item_description": "This crate is special and cannot be opened yet.\nIt's contents will be limited and will only come from this crate.\nSome, but not all, of the items in this crate are Strange...",

+ "proper_name": false,

+ "model_player": null,

+ "item_quality": 6,

+ "image_inventory": "backpack/crafting/wading_crate_2",

+ "min_ilevel": 13,

+ "max_ilevel": 13,

+ "image_url": "http://media.steampowered.com/apps/440/icons/wading_crate_2.dea09767ade382b0151eb6251d1e5b6deaf8ab75.png",

+ "image_url_large": "http://media.steampowered.com/apps/440/icons/wading_crate_2_large.4f81c58358338117b70decd23ae1fc38ab717e33.png",

+ "craft_class": "supply_crate",

+ "craft_material_type": "supply_crate",

+ "capabilities": {

+ "decodable": true,

+ "can_craft_mark": true,

+ "can_be_restored": true,

+ "strange_parts": true,

+ "can_card_upgrade": true,

+ "can_strangify": true,

+ "can_killstreakify": true,

+ "can_consume": true

+ },

+ "tool": {

+ "type": "",

+ "restriction": "summer2014"

+ },

+ "used_by_classes": [

+

+ ]

+ ,

+ "attributes": [

+ {

+ "name": "set supply crate series",

+ "class": "supply_crate_series",

+ "value": 86

"name": "Summer Crate 2014",     + "defindex": 5761,     + "item_class": "supply_crate",     + "item_type_name": "Supply Crate",     + "item_name": "Limited Late Summer Crate",     + "item_description": "This crate is special and cannot be opened yet.\nIt's contents will be limited and will only come from this crate.\nSome, but not all, of the items in this crate are Strange..."

THERE'S the line I was looking for; I saw that line in that schema I linked but I somehow still missed that last bit there about the stranges.

THERE'S the line I was looking for; I saw that line in that schema I linked but I somehow still missed that last bit there about the stranges.

This is doesn't say anything about new stranges/weapons in the crate. Most all items have the those lines written there. For example, if you scroll down to the code text, the bills have some of the same code. http://backpack.tf/stats/Unique/Bill's%20Hat/Tradable/Craftable

Yeah, it is. I wonder why valve added those capabilities on those kind of items. Killstreak hats in the future? Idk.

It is likely easier to add these qualities to all items than a specific group.

Archived