Do you think this guy's gonna win?

Pwndaz!

So, it all started when this guy named "Pet Pikachu" added me to buy my Smoking Ye Olde Baker Boy. (At that time, the backpack.tf price was 1-1.4 earbuds, and on outpost it was roughly 1.3 buds) We did a bit of negotiating, and we agreed that he would pay 1 bud and 3 keys for my Baker. I said fair enough, and we traded. That was 3 weeks ago. Today, he added me saying I scammed him, insisting that I had said I uncrated it, and that because it was duped it was worth a LOT less. He also said it took him 3 months to sell, when in reality, it only took him 1-2 weeks. When he added me however, he insisted that I give him keys because I "scammed" him, since he was new to trading. Below is the chatlog of when he added me, and the link to his outpost trade after I sold it to him. He also mentioned that since I didn't give him keys, that I would be trade banned and marked.

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous, but do you guys think there's a real danger here?

Trade Link --> http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/22216543

Album Link --> http://imgur.com/a/kDtKT

If there was a little kid next to me that was throwing a hissy fit, then I would probably be concerned about my safety. However, this is the Internet. That 9 year old can go shove a cactus up his ass.

You didn't put a gun to their head and say "trade me" right?  If the hat was duped you should of told them in advance, then again, they didn't do any research on it so whateves.  Don't worry about it, you're fine. 

Wow someone's mad. It's the buyer's responsibility to check if it's clean or not if you don't specify (as if it even matters on that low of a hat) Regardless, he's just whining a ton, you'll be fine

Edit: Oh no, maybe you'll have the little "reported scammer" popup at the start of trades, what are you gonna do??!?!

If he really sold it for 11 keys he's an idiot. He has an offer on his trade for a bud + sweets, so it's his own fault. 

You don't have anything to worry about.

The idiot has managed to work himself down to almost nothing in his bp without you doing anything. All of his bad trades were his fault. I can't find a single thing of value that he got for that white bill's hat (his most recent trade).

The idiot has managed to work himself down to almost nothing in his bp without you doing anything. All of his bad trades were his fault. I can't find a single thing of value that he got for that white bill's hat (his most recent trade).

Thanks. :D

I was being curious and it turns out that the guy who traded his white bill's gave him 5 keys 6 ref, hence why he has 6 ref in the "new" items. I think he actually used the 5 keys and unboxed LOL. 

You don't offer refunds 3 months later because he didn't research the product? That's his problem. Like me buying a product secondhand and complaining it's been used.

This guy just sold me his White Bill's for 5 Keys 6 Ref. If I known that he was so imature, I would have rejected him.

Oh lol I was the guy that asked you if you bought it for 6 ref. 

He's an idiot, and there's no need to pay him any attention.  I would block him and be done with it.  That being said, you should have disclosed the fact that the hat was duped.  It's the right thing to do.  Please keep that in mind next time you're trading with somebody new.

Archived