Create a price range for Killstreak, specialized, and professional weapons

KingOfHeart

I get really annoyed when someone thinks a 1 ref weapon with a professional killstreak makes the weapon worth a bud.

Even more annoying when they think their cheap professional weapon is the same value or more then my expensive professional weapon.

Can we figure out a price range for all these weapons that would be most fair?

Here's a fair range, which you can modify a bit if you want

Killstreak - 0 to 1 key (more like a few ref, but I'm being quite fair)

Specialized - 1 key to 4 keys (on average it's like 2 keys)

Professional - 2 keys to 8 keys (Even 8 keys is kind of high, but like I said, I want to be fair with the ranges)

SCM works best and all you need to make sure they know that their weapon is worth only 1-4 keys

I dont think it'll be easy to make prices for those weapons and users have a better pricing tool, scm price chart 

• Administrators

Wouldn't agree with these prices one bit, just sold a pro shotgun for a pink bmoc.

What does this have to do anything with your sale? o.o

These things can't be priced. Just use SCM to get the idea what the price should be. Or go on market and look for the sellers, then look for the buyers. Price would be somewhere in the middle probably as sellers usually try to highball while buyers lowball.

Specialized crappy weapons like melee weapons only go for a key or so.

Specialized primaries like the minigun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher etc go for 2-4 keys

Specialized: 1-4 keys I guess

As for prof killstreaks however, 2-8 keys is waaay off. The minimum is 2 keys, fine, but expensive primaries or even secondaries like pistols and shotguns go for a bud+. Rocket launchers, grenade launchers, miniguns, mediguns go for 2.5-4+ buds depending on killstreaker effect and sheen.

2-60 keys would do prof killstreak weps justice, but that price range is ludricous, so

• Administrators

I get really annoyed when someone thinks a 1 ref weapon with a professional killstreak makes the weapon worth a bud.

Even more annoying when they think their cheap professionalweapon is the same value or more then my expensive professional weapon.

Professional - 2 keys to 8 keys (Even 8 keys is kind of high, but like I said, I want to be fair with the ranges)

Exactly this v v v 

These things can't be priced. Just use SCM to get the idea what the price should be. Or go on market and look for the sellers, then look for the buyers. Price would be somewhere in the middle probably as sellers usually try to highball while buyers lowball.

This is what I do. Yes, it can be time consuming but thats the only way.

It seems like lots of people want killstreak to be price but the problem is that...Lots of coding need to be done as well. Just taking average and making price on that would make the community very upset.

Even more annoying when they think their cheap professional weapon is the same value or more then my expensive professional weapon.

I've sold over many kits over 8 keys. Please get your facts right. I even pay out 15 keys as QUICKBUY for pro medi gun kits.

The reason I included my sale is because his prices are completely off just like everyone above is calling out on, a kit can change price 1-5 keys depending on there effects.

OP has good intentions, but the general notion of getting a price on killstreaks is like back when backpack.tf tried to calculate crafts numbers using that stupid algorithm that got used to rip a lot of people off / set false prices that nobody was going to pay. (Still glad it was removed.)

SCM is your best bet, knowing the killstreak market is an even better bet. There are things that influence killstreak prices, such as that specific weapon being released in a killstreak crate (which would cause a small drop, See: Minigun), or the fact of the matter is that even the default strange of the weapon is buttfuck expensive (See: Kritzkrieg). Weapons that have multiple variations (S / SG / SF / Aussie) typically have more expensive killstreaks as well.

There are also static prices of which I'd never pay OVER for a killstreak kit, based on past sales. I'd never pay over a bud for a pro soldier primary. I'd never pay over $15 for a pistol proks kit. I'd never pay over 2 buds for any medigun (I've only ever paid 1 bud for any of mine, but I'd never go over 2).

Your best bet for pricing is SCM and knowledge of past sales. I've looked at the killstreaks on outpost, 80% of those prices are overinflated like fuck, I remember someone wanting 4 buds for rocket launcher kits.

Trade.tf spreadsheet.

All your killstreak prices are there. 

/thread.

These prices are way off on unique weapons etc but they are useful on pro ks kits and if you deduct approx 25% pro ks stranges too.

Another thing, how would it even price by effect / sheen? It's all on opinion.

This is my personal opinion of killstreakers. Don't get mad if I hate your effect, whomever is reading this. :P

I hold the sheens in this regard:

Manndarin / Violet > Hot Rod / Team Shine > Deadly Daffodil > Emerald / Mean Green.

I hold effects in this order:

Fire Horns / Tornado > Singularity / Flames / Cerebral > Incinerator > Poop Coming Out Of Your Eyes > Hypnobeams

And this is all my personal opinion. You can't price killstreaks because there are so many different opinions on them, moreso than unusuals or craft numbers.

Also, certain combinations can go for more because the colour "matches" the effect (Flames or Fire Horns / Manndarin; Daffodil / Cerebral), or the streaker is arguably "themed" for the weapon it's for. (Flames or Incinerator / Flamethrower; Cerebral / Kritzkrieg)

Looking around in the Steam Market, it looks like the cost to take a pro fabricator and turn it in to a pro kit is around $6.30, is that right?

2 specialized weps
63 cents 7x taunt processor
72 cents 9x kb-808
24 cents 6x emotion detector
34 cents 2x brainstorm bulb
17 cents currency digester
$2.08 + weps
And specialized weapons start at around $2.10.

Any tips for doing this cheaper without taking an enormous amount of time? I'm toying with the idea of adding a pro kit to every weapon.

Looking around in the Steam Market, it looks like the cost to take a pro fabricator and turn it in to a pro kit is around $6.30, is that right?

2 specialized weps
63 cents 7x taunt processor
72 cents 9x kb-808
24 cents 6x emotion detector
34 cents 2x brainstorm bulb
17 cents currency digester
$2.08 + weps
And specialized weapons start at around $2.10.

Any tips for doing this cheaper without taking an enormous amount of time? I'm toying with the idea of adding a pro kit to every weapon.

To do it cheaper you must be patient and buy all the supplies with metal. I currently buy spec weps/kits at 4 ref and all the parts at like half bp.tf value. Cuts the cost in half pretty much but yeah it takes a while. Especially collecting large numbers of spec items.

• 3 weeks later...

I also think that you should be able to see the value of killstreak weapons on backpack.tf but the price range is way bigger.

For example: a unique professional killstreak shotgun is 2-3 keys on the market, while a unique professional killstreak medi gun almost a bud is. I think that the prices on the market are quite fair and we should just make the prices for killstreak weapons on backpack.tf the same as those on the market. 

I also think that you should be able to see the value of killstreak weapons on backpack.tf but the price range is way bigger.

For example: a unique professional killstreak shotgun is 2-3 keys on the market, while a unique professional killstreak medi gun almost a bud is. I think that the prices on the market are quite fair and we should just make the prices for killstreak weapons on backpack.tf the same as those on the market. 

We can't price Killstreaks...

If the API cannot determine what killstreak differs to another as well as inputs for kits and sets, then we cannot price it

Archived