God's God

BlaqkAudio

So I was just looking at this other forum's Politics, Religion and Science subforums to find some interesting stuff. (cuz I'll be honest, this subforum is shit on this site. There's always one kid that starts a flame war over some very tiny little misconception and barely any actual discussion gets done here sometimes).

Anyways, someone made a post about the possibility about a God having....  a God!

Think about it. Let's start with a scenario. 

We are in a world where God was proven real. How it was done? idk. Let's just say he got proven. (please don't start a flame war over this. Keep yourselves together)

He is the creator of the universe. He created the stars, the planets, the animals and humankind. He is the beginning and the end.

But then that one question comes up. How was God created? Is there another God above him? Did that God give our own God his abilities to do what he wants to this earth but at the same time our God doesn't know about it?

Another person then linked this video.

It's a bit nonsensical and has the obvious intention of comedy but the points brought up are very interesting indeed. Watch the whole video, it's worth it.

So my discussion is, what do you guys think about this? If God was to be proven real, do you think there might be another God above him? And maybe more above that one? Discuss

NOTE: Please don't come in here and just be like, "herp durr but he's not real like at all." I completely respect your views on religion but I'm only asking for one thing. Stick to the scenario given for this discussion. The scenario being that he was proven to be real. Everyone on this earth knows he exists and is aware of his presence. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by cleverpun, November 1, 2014 - rude behavior
Hidden by cleverpun, November 1, 2014 - rude behavior

I just watched this actually

I watched it quite a while ago too. Love the guys videos.

Religion is stupid

God isn't real, so nothing could have created him

It's a fairy tale. Origins of these tales tend not to exist.

Religion is stupid

And just like that, not even 10 minutes, you did exactly what I asked not for you to do. The ONE thing I asked for. The fuck's wrong with you?

I'm trying to keep a discussion under a certain scenario and not even you thick skulled atheists can do that. Maybe I should keep it simple for stupid. Have you ever tried pretending? idk but give it a shot. Let's pretend God is real then. Does saying it like that sound easier? Pretending? Use your imagination. It's pretty easy.

And just like that, not even 10 minutes, you did exactly what I asked not for you to do. The ONE thing I asked for. The fuck's wrong with you?

I'm trying to keep a discussion under a certain scenario and not even you thick skulled atheists can do that. Maybe I should keep it simple for stupid. Have you ever tried pretending? idk but give it a shot. Let's pretend God is real then. Does saying it like that sound easier? Pretending? Use your imagination. It's pretty easy.

No. I'm not going to lean my head in the other direction,

Everything stated in the video is everything that people are going say or expand on

So why have a discussion when you know exactly what people are going to say?

What if we are all a computer simulation(This whole universe) by a higher being on computers so powerful it is beyond our comprehension?

I was going to bring that up.  :)

Most of you have probably seen this clip:

Ultimately it's just a thought exercise, but it's still a fun and somewhat compelling one.

If god had a god, gods god would assumably have a god, and gods gods god would have a god, and so on.

What would have come before these gods?

It's gods all the way down. Or alternatively, there's only one god, and he believes in himself.

I didn't give the video a look YET, but My personal idea on if God had a God is...

He doesn't. God is simply the Beginning and the End. Nothing comes before or after. For our society, it is rather hard to grasp that, but it is my personal belief.

OR.

Maybe we our entire existance is completely within just its own universe. Like, God has always been there but he has destroyed the entire reality on all planes and rebuilt it millions of times. So our sense of "God" is limited; he has actually been there over unimmagineable amounts of time and has built and destroyed the universe an infinite amount of times.

It's really tempting to go off on a tangent, but the OP specifically requested that we don't do that.  You know who you are... ;):D  STAY ON TOPIC.

I think it would be impossible for a god to conclusively demonstrate that there is no greater god above it, and the video in the OP kind of touches on that in a way by attacking the concept of omniscience.  I'm pretty sure it would also be impossible for a god to conclusively debunk hard philosophical solipsism, even to itself.  So even if god showed up and everyone knew of god's existence, the question of whether there is there a higher god would always be open, as would the question of whether or not anything outside of oneself is actually real.

This is of course based on the notion that concepts like omniscience and omnipotence are illogical.

This is all I will say in this thread. Won't respond to anything else in here.

It's stupid how you guys believe that humanity was a mistake made. And intelligence was a mistake and how the body working in perfect harmony and having the earth be perfectly away from the sun is a mistake.

It's funny how you guys think you know everything when you don't know jack shit. We can barely even land an aircraft on Mars which is a planet barely away from earth. What makes you think that you know for sure God doesn't exist?

So if God created God .. then another God created the first God .. then another God created the other God .. so each God is created by another God ? So where did the first God come from ? Yet another God who came from another God ?

p.s still didn't watch the video .. will do later c: 

So if God created God .. then another God created the first God .. then another God created the other God .. so each God is created by another God ? So where did the first God come from ? Yet another God who came from another God ?

p.s still didn't watch the video .. will do later c:

Exactly what I said above, that's the flaw in this therory

This is all I will say in this thread. Won't respond to anything else in here.

It's stupid how you guys believe that humanity was a mistake made. And intelligence was a mistake and how the body working in perfect harmony and having the earth be perfectly away from the sun is a mistake.

It's funny how you guys think you know everything when you don't know jack shit. We can barely even land an aircraft on Mars which is a planet barely away from earth. What makes you think that you know for sure God doesn't exist?

I think you're a bit confused on the terminology here. Humanity wasn't "made". It wasn't a "mistake", but rather a series of random factors. Our body doesn't really work in perfect harmony now, does it? We still have useless body parts/functions such as appendix, wisdom teeth and goosebumps.

What do you mean when you say the sun is perfectly away from earth? Exposure to UV-rays from the sun is dangerous over longer periods here on earth too and cause several thousands people to get skin cancer every year. The distance just made a climate which was possible for life to develop in, unlike the rest of the planets in our solar system for example. 

"What makes you think that you know for sure God doesn't exist?"

Burden of proof etc. etc.

God is real you atheists are just lost in life and dont know what to believe which is pretty sad why cant to be agnostic and drink dr pepper and believe and not believe that god is real because you have no real proof on both sides just like Dr Pepper you dont know if it taste like rootbeer coke pepsi mountain dew or anything your brains could melt because im over explaining an episode of southpark

God is real you atheists are just lost in life and dont know what to believe which is pretty sad why cant to be agnostic and drink dr pepper and believe and not believe that god is real because you have no real proof on both sides just like Dr Pepper you dont know if it taste like rootbeer coke pepsi mountain dew or anything your brains could melt because im over explaining an episode of southpark

Season 15 finale 'The Poor Kid' About Agnostic foster homes and giant reptilian birds eh?

Posted · Hidden by cleverpun, November 1, 2014 - Spam
Hidden by cleverpun, November 1, 2014 - Spam

Atheists are ghey

Theists are ghey

Everybody is ghey

What a fine day to be Apatheist <3

So I was just looking at this other forum's Politics, Religion and Science subforums to find some interesting stuff. (cuz I'll be honest, this subforum is shit on this site. There's always one kid that starts a flame war over some very tiny little misconception and barely any actual discussion gets done here sometimes).

Anyways, someone made a post about the possibility about a God having....  a God!

Think about it. Let's start with a scenario. 

We are in a world where God was proven real. How it was done? idk. Let's just say he got proven. (please don't start a flame war over this. Keep yourselves together)

He is the creator of the universe. He created the stars, the planets, the animals and humankind. He is the beginning and the end.

But then that one question comes up. How was God created? Is there another God above him? Did that God give our own God his abilities to do what he wants to this earth but at the same time our God doesn't know about it?

Another person then linked this video.

It's a bit nonsensical and has the obvious intention of comedy but the points brought up are very interesting indeed. Watch the whole video, it's worth it.

So my discussion is, what do you guys think about this? If God was to be proven real, do you think there might be another God above him? And maybe more above that one? Discuss

NOTE: Please don't come in here and just be like, "herp durr but he's not real like at all." I completely respect your views on religion but I'm only asking for one thing. Stick to the scenario given for this discussion. The scenario being that he was proven to be real. Everyone on this earth knows he exists and is aware of his presence. 

Religion is stupid

So basically, you want opinions, just not atheist opinions.

Archived