Valve's making buds and maxes marketable will not affect paypal trading or their value.

λngelღмander

Because valve charges around 15 percent tax on every sale through the market, the only people using it will be people who don't use paypal. These people will be paying upwards of forty bucks for a bud, because of said tax.

If valve weren't charging a tax, this would impact paypal trading. But the people who already buy buds through paypal aren't about to switch to the outrageously taxed steam market. 

Keys are marketable, and there is a paypal market for them. Maxes will probably sell frequently on the market, in my opinion, due to their sheer value. 

Trading through the SCM, however, always has been, and will continue to be very inefficient for both parties involved, because seller doesn't get as much money and buyer pays more. 

This is going to have little to no impact on the economy, guaranteed. 

15% tax means nothing if supply increases by 15%. The real question is whether supply will increase. Everyone knows that there are loads of buds, bills, max heads stored in ancient, unused backpacks, sitting idly for years. Will they hit the market? I think the same thing could be said of the 1st gen unusuals. A lot of first gens on old hats are very rare for the same reason. Many are stored in ancient, unused backpacks. When unusuals became marketable, it changed nothing. First gens kept going up. Supply barely changed (a few did hit the market) but the vast majority have remained to this day in those unused backpacks. 

I'm sure supply will increase a bit. But I don't think making buds / max heads / bmocs marketable will really change much in the long run. If anything, it should make the buds market much MORE stable. And I think we can all agree, that would be a good thing. That's exactly what happened to the strange market which became much more stable. 

Because valve charges around 15 percent tax on every sale through the market, the only people using it will be people who don't use paypal. These people will be paying upwards of forty bucks for a bud, because of said tax.

If valve weren't charging a tax, this would impact paypal trading. But the people who already buy buds through paypal aren't about to switch to the outrageously taxed steam market. 

Keys are marketable, and there is a paypal market for them. Maxes will probably sell frequently on the market, in my opinion, due to their sheer value. 

Trading through the SCM, however, always has been, and will continue to be very inefficient for both parties involved, because buyer doesn't get as much money and seller pays more. 

1 tux = 1 bud valve loves tax

15% tax means nothing if supply increases by 15%. The real question is whether supply will increase. Everyone knows that there are loads of buds, bills, max heads stored in ancient, unused backpacks, sitting idly for years. Will they hit the market? I think the same thing could be said of the 1st gen unusuals. A lot of first gens on old hats are very rare for the same reason. Many are stored in ancient, unused backpacks. When unusuals became marketable, it changed nothing. First gens kept going up. Supply barely changed (a few did hit the market) but the vast majority have remained to this day in those unused backpacks. 

I'm sure supply will increase a bit. But I don't think making buds / max heads / bmocs marketable will really change much in the long run. If anything, it should make the buds market much MORE stable. And I think we can all agree, that would be a good thing. That's exactly what happened to the strange market which became much more stable. 

we knew it valve wouldnt backup horders.there where a demand for buds so valve had to make it happened.at last with normal prices on buds unusuals will start to sell again.

1 bud = 1 tux

There will most likely not be a flood on the market. I see where you're coming from, but I guarantee the people who have buds and didn't sell them before aren't going to sell them now. They've had years to sell them for keys, and use the keys. If anything, the small amount that become available won't even be enough do lower the avg. selling price of buds by half a key. 

This is just speculation of course, we can't be certain of what this means.

Also, 15% tax has nothing to do with supply. In the end, 15% of one bud is around two and a half, three keys (rough estimate) and not very many people are willing to lose that much money on a bud just for cash.

Trading through the SCM, however, always has been, and will continue to be very inefficient for both parties involved, because buyer doesn't get as much money and seller pays more. 

i really hope buyers dont drop their prices.

so i can use steam funds buy them for 15 euro and sell my buds to them for 30 :)

you know things like that cant happen

unless a group of ppl can gather 80% of those 80000+ buds and monopolize the market.

but even so 20% is still a big amount of buds

prices must be dictated from now on according to steam market

and steam market alone.

Trading through the SCM, however, always has been, and will continue to be very inefficient for both parties involved, because seller doesn't get as much money and buyer pays more. 

FTFY

Get rid of yo buds/

even better trade them for a black paint

those are tools top tier high in demand

and the most stable item there is in the steam market

I think it will have a big impact on promos because now when people want to get rid of their promos quick, they will just put it on the SCM Instead of looking for a quick buyer.

There will most likely not be a flood on the market. I see where you're coming from, but I guarantee the people who have buds and didn't sell them before aren't going to sell them now. They've had years to sell them for keys, and use the keys. If anything, the small amount that become available won't even be enough do lower the avg. selling price of buds by half a key.

Except that a lot of people who have these old promos and nothing else know literally nothing about TF2 trading. A key's value is only obvious to people who are familiar with the market, and it only has real money value to an even smaller portion of traders.

The SCM lets people who know nothing about tf2 trading sell their old item for a reasonable price, instead of learning the market for keys, buds, and games just to do a few trades. It cuts out a lot of steps and that is very attractive to a lot of people who just left their buds in their pack.

Obviously we will have to wait and see how severe it is, but I think you are underestimating the amount of unused promos around.

Except that a lot of people who have these old promos and nothing else know literally nothing about TF2 trading. A key's value is only obvious to people who are familiar with the market, and it only has real money value to an even smaller portion of traders.

The SCM lets people who know nothing about tf2 trading sell their old item for a reasonable price, instead of learning the market for keys, buds, and games just to do a few trades. It cuts out a lot of steps and that is very attractive to a lot of people who just left their buds in their pack.

Obviously we will have to wait and see how severe it is, but I think you are underestimating the amount of unused promos around.

I'm not, I'm confident there are a lot of promos strewn about, but the flood will be minimal over a long term because not many people will find out about the marketability of their old useless promos, and thusly will take months or years to find out, if they ever do. Not many people are checking their backpack every day hoping their old items are marketable now.

Archived