Russia is Suing Ukraine for $1 Billion for War Damages

BlaqkAudio

Russian lawmakers are suing Ukraine in an international court for approximately $1 billion–an amount lawmakers feel is reasonable compensation for the suffering caused to Russian citizens.

Lawmakers of Russia’s Duma have asked Russia’s Investigative Committee to supply material evidence on Ukraine’s shelling of Russia’s Rostov region. The lawmakers plan to also use evidence gathered from local residents of Rostov in their suit, reportedly.

Lawmaker Roman Khudyakov (LDPR) said that he believed the sum was fair compensation for the suffering caused to Russian citizens. Khudyakov factored the number of Russian victims into the calculation.

“More than once has our territory been shelled,†stated Khudyakov. “People have been killed and wounded, and many Russians have suffered damage to their property. The neighboring nation must be brought to justice for these crimes, and the international community ought to provide an assessment of [ukraine's] actions. We believe that the shelling was deliberate.

The foreign ministry has expressed criticism about the shelling of Russian territory in the past, and demanded that the actions cease.

I know this is old but whatever.

Thoughts? What the hell is Russia trying to do?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly have no idea.  It seems really weird.  If I'm forced to speculate, at the moment I'd guess that it's just a way for russia to publicly appear to be the victim of ukraine.

Lol russia you so silly

You invade a country, ravage it, kill people, try to hijack their government,

then you sue them for war damages. 

lul

Lol russia you so silly

Agreed. Famous russian invisible army is super effective, as usual.

Well, there are proofs of that Ukraine's artillery has shelled Russia's territory, one citizen was killed, several injured. 

Roman Khudyakov (LDPR)

Oh, this guy. He's just being dumb. Well, mostly the media makes him look dumb, but still.

Proof? And please, no things like "This guy on twitter said that Putin himself shot down that Boeing while flying on a broom".

I'm waiting.

Proof? And please, no things like "This guy on twitter said that Putin himself shot down that Boeing while flying on a broom".

I'm waiting.

Ixenzo confirmed Russian.    jk

Have you not seen the news on how Russia just decided to invade Ukraine?

Ixenzo confirmed Russian.    jk

Have you not seen the news on how Russia just decided to invade Ukraine?

Thanks for the back up, I wasn't sure about how to deal with a retard. <3

They need to simply ignore this pile of s***.  Russia is doing this to damage the negotiations and keep the conflict alive.  Ukraine needs to counter sue for the Crimean peninsula.

They need to simply ignore this pile of s***.  Russia is doing this to damage the negotiations and keep the conflict alive.  Ukraine needs to counter sue for the Crimean peninsula.

I'm surprised the UN never did anything. Russia came THIS ( ---- ) Close to basically declaring war on Ukraine. It wasnt really even war, they just wanted to claim the territory. And president obama, leader of the fucking free world, is sitting back in his high chair laughing or some shit. Fuckin his daughter maleah, or whoever she is. Who knows. 

Well, there are proofs of that Ukraine's artillery has shelled Russia's territory, one citizen was killed, several injured. 

Oh, this guy. He's just being dumb. Well, mostly the media makes him look dumb, but still.

I'm waiting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/27/6069415/lets-be-clear-about-this-russia-is-invading-ukraine-right-now

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/28/russian-moms-denounce-putin-s-not-so-secret-ukraine-invasion.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/tony-abbott-brands-russian-troop-movement-in-ukraine-an-invasion/story-fn59niix-1227041252527?nk=01de4f04c77aba7d51e47b5b1fc7066e

everything else

is a press. Press article =/= proof.

And how'd you all forgot main and purest one counter-evidence: there's still a country which named "Ukraine". If there will be real war against Ukraine, it would have lasted for an hour or two.

Ukrainian government don't wanna tell their people about full-sized civilian war, and still name it "Anti-terrorist operation". And yell about mythical "russian invasion" for nearly half of a year, just because they wanna explain their horrible loss in human resources during this civil war.

All this really reminds me of 08/08/08 - Georgia attacked South Ossetia and Abkhasia, if you forgot. And what was reaction of west world? "Oh my gosh, look at this, evil russian attacked poor Georgia! Save Saakashvili from russian aggression!" Reminds something?

is a press. Press article =/= proof.

And how'd you all forgot main and purest one counter-evidence: there's still a country which named "Ukraine". If there will be real war against Ukraine, it would have lasted for an hour or two.

Ukrainian government don't wanna tell their people about full-sized civilian war, and still name it "Anti-terrorist operation". And yell about mythical "russian invasion" for nearly half of a year, just because they wanna explain their horrible loss in human resources during this civil war.

All this really reminds me of 08/08/08 - Georgia attacked South Ossetia and Abkhasia, if you forgot. And what was reaction of west world? "Oh my gosh, look at this, evil russian attacked poor Georgia! Save Saakashvili from russian aggression!" Reminds something?

You are not aware of satellite images showing russian incursions as well as interviews with russian soldiers who were in ukraine fighting against the ukrainian government.

Oh yeah. Clearly forgot about it! Satellite images which noone saw because "it's top-secret stuff, but you need to believe our words", and... What? An interview? I can say that I myself fueled Putin's personal bomber when he bombs Ukraine or shit like that, and sure you will believe me, heh.

Archived