Good weapons to use with the Shortstop?

Julia

I've been enjoying the Shortstop lately and I've been wondering about what weapons work well with it. So far I've liked using it with the Winger and Wrap Assassin. I've considered using the stock Bat as well, though I like to be an annoying Scout from a distance. The Candy Cane seems like it would be a good choice too, as you should be able to dodge rockets. :P

Thoughts?

If you want to be an annoying Scout, go with Guillotine and Sandman. Though Soda Popper would be a better primary if you want annoying as people just can't handle all those jumps.

If you want to be an annoying Scout, go with Guillotine and Sandman. Though Soda Popper would be a better primary if you want annoying as people just can't handle all those jumps.

BFB

Crit-a-cola + Stock.
I use that loadout tons of time. Fun as hell.
The mini-crit will draw the damage penalty the Shortstop suffers, make it more reliable.

If you only play w/ Shortstop on 100% crit servers like myself stock Pistol is the way to go.

If not I have no advice for you, I rarely play scout anyways.

My favorite set with the Shortstop happens to be Shortstop, Crit-a-Cola, and Candy Cane, making the Scout an offensive support of sorts. The Crit-a-Cola for extra damage, and the Candy Cane to make the enemy drop health packs to go with the Shortstop's ability to get extra health when active. Ta-da. You can also choose full support with Mad Milk or Bonk!, since the Shortstop is relatively powerful already.

Nah, I just use Mad Milk to make up for the damage penalty, although crit a cola is definitely a good choice too.

Melee can be anything other than boston and wrap cauz the both sux

Nah, I just use Mad Milk to make up for the damage penalty, although crit a cola is definitely a good choice too.

Melee can be anything other than boston and wrap cauz the both sux

The Boston Basher is actually a very viable weapon for building uber and can be used in competitive.

Anything that isn't pistol, Mad milk is usually best.

I mean seriously, why recommend pistol? SS and Pistol use the same ammo pool so you'll have shit capacity.

Milk + FoW. Because I'm too lazy to switch from MvM loadout.

Srsly, Cola + Cane; Milk + Fish + The Milkman;  Guill + Sandman, Bonk + Sandman.

Just play with different weapons and you'll find the best loadout  for you eventually.

Archived