Nvidia TF2 GPU problem

TehDirtyDan

So a bit recently I got a new nvidia GPU (EVGA GT 630 1GB GDDR5), Not the best choice for a fps-hungry nerd like me who wants to see their weapons shine, as I get some nasty input latency on fps drops, noticeable even at about 40 fps, which is another unsolved problem some enlightenment as to why it happens would be helpful. But nonetheless, I decided I would just use DirectX 8, because I'm used to using it anyways. My problem is that whenever I use DX8, the lighting on parts of map goes from normal, to very high, and it flickers rapidly back and forth. 

I read a topic on some forums about this, someone who had the same problem, and I fixed it at one point, but recently had to re install the drivers due to a mistake of mine, and now the problem is back.

What I read to fix the problem was to go into Nvidia Inspector under Team Fortress 2 Settings, and change Transparency Supsersampling to AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL if you're familiar with Nvidia Inspector, such as LOD Bias tweaking.

I tried changing multiple settings in Nvidia inspector, re installing the drivers, but nothing is changing my problem. 

Archived