Do people 'choose' to be gay?

Gent♥

f84e7363ed.png

5dfcec8568.png

a857cc2b07.png

22e563a3b1.png

ed3ad7bafd.png

I'm gonna let you guys resolve this, because I'm furious beyond words right now.
What do you think? Do people actually choose to be gay, or are some people just close-minded bigots?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who says it is a choice is just flat out dumb, im sorry. What actually causes homosexuality is not exactly known but some say it is a hormonal imbalance. Whatever the case, I cannot imagine why anyone would CHOOSE to be discriminated against and hated purely because their sexual interest dont match the norm. It is not a choice

Yes they do choose to be gay. Isn't it obvious? People choose to be either straight or gay.

You have no experience to speak from, Bags, a more open-minded person could see where I'm coming from.

tl;dr, I have experience of it and you don't, I also have a Psychology GCE A Level and you don't, I'm right and you're not.

You have no experience to speak from, Bags, a more open-minded person could see where I'm coming from.

tl;dr, I have experience of it and you don't, I also have a Psychology GCE A Level and you don't, I'm right and you're not.

No you ain't. People choose to be gay, gays were probably abused as children or had a catastrophic event happen to them and they come to the point in there life to either stay straight or go off the path and become gay.

Some blokes like blokes, some blokes like birds, some birds like blokes, some birds like birds. 

What is the fuckin issue here?

Besides, who cares if you chose to be gay or not? You are and nobody here thinks any differently at all about you. 

Some blokes like blokes, some blokes like birds, some birds like blokes, some birds like birds. 

What is the fuckin issue here?

Besides, who cares if you chose to be gay or not? You are and nobody here thinks any differently at all about you. 

Because people telling me I CHOSE to be a outsider / heckled daily / unaccepted grinds my fuckin' gears, that's why.

Because people telling me I CHOSE to be a outsider / heckled daily / unaccepted grinds my fuckin' gears, that's why.

You did choose, I bet deep down inside you wanted to be different from everyone so you chose to become gay. Can't get as different as that ;)

no you're born that way

think of it this way: why chose to do something when all you'll get is a ton of hate from certain folk?

I am a football fan and where I live everyone loves the redskins, I like the Dolphins and people hate on me for liking them. Was I born to like the dolphins or did I choose to like them. I am pretty sure I chose to like them.

I am a football fan and where I live everyone loves the redskins, I like the Dolphins and people hate on me for liking them. Was I born to like the dolphins or did I choose to like them. I am pretty sure I chose to like them.

Liking a sports team has nothing to do with this.

Liking a sports team has nothing to do with this.

Yes it does. I like the dolphins because it makes me different as gays become gay to be different. Yes we both receive hate for liking what we like but we still like what we like because it was our choice to be different from others.

10/10 would make an awful analogy again - IGN

let me make an equally shitty analogy

did you choose your gender? When you were in the womb did you make a decision to be "rebellious" towards your parents who wanted a girl and instead you became a boy?

Bags is too thick to understand that genetics influence sexual preferences. Are you "choosing" to be ignorant or are you just a troll?

Since when was research always right? Everything changes over the years. New research comes out and invalidates the old research and I am sure it's gonna happen with the gay gene research. I am glad you brought that up ;)

You are born what way. Though many do not tell others until later in there life.

No one is born a certain way, their experience determines what choices they make. What you are basically saying is that people are born smart. Yes some people are born smart but for most people, you work at becoming smart. Gay people most likely had an experience while they were young which made them choose to become gay instead of straight.

It is a choice. You make a decision in your ---> mind <---. In your brain, you think do I want to do this? Why am I feeling this way about him/her? Eventually you decide what you want to do. Either date/marry him/her or not. How can you say it's not a choice??

Edit: And about this born this way shit, you were not born/gay/bi/lesbian. It's the things around you and the things that you see that effects your mind and how you perceive day to day events as you grow up. Society is and always is a big influence on the human brain.

Posts on being gay or not on the Internet are old........move on.

Why can't gent and bags just argue this in PM's? I thought people come here to manipulate prices of pixels not fight a war on sexuality. 

Archived