Why do you trade?

Hugeisno1

So I'd like to ask all of you.

Why do you trade?

I trade for 2 reasons. The first is that it's fun. The second is that it lets me buy a game every now and then.
Supporting a gamer's hobby with a game's economy. Now THAT sounds ideal to me.

It's sort of like a Free to Play Ipad game. You spend hours every day clicking buttons in order to increase a virtual value. Spending your keys to get more keys. Bargaining and bartering for a little more metal, a couple more keys. 

Also there's always a blighter who has a metric ton more keys than you could ever dream of getting.

*Edit
On another note. What's your current goal in trading?  Mine was a Strange sapper back in the day. Then it was a bud, Then an unusual. Now I'm floating without an actual goal besides my reasons for trading

for the monies

EDIT: to be honest, i started trading just for fun, but now it is pretty boring, but it lets me buy some games and some IRL stuff, and i'm not old enough to work for my own money, so yeah.

First reason I started was when I learned I could buy games with keys, essentially free games. Then I just wanted that damn bp value graph on backpack.tf to go up until I felt good. Now I don't have time to trade so I'm trying to cash out and buy hats I want to keep 4eva.

The irony when everybody above states they trade to profit. But whenever one person makes a profit, another guy makes a loss. 

So some must trade with loss. 

The irony when everybody above states they trade to profit. But whenever one person makes a profit, another guy makes a loss. 

That's not ironic.

To build enough for the items I really want and also to get Steam wallet funds for the ocasional game. Trading and generating a profit is a means to achieve a goal: to get the stuff I really want.

I just started trading again, trying to get my brother an Unusual for his birthday, i have nothing, so, i'm starting with weps.

The least i can give him is a bill's hat.

First reason, to get items for myself and for friends in tf2; I change my mind a lot in regards to miscs, so I trade pretty often, and since many of my steam friends have no real knowledge in trading, I trade on their behalf. Which leads to my second reason; trading keeps me busy. I don't have much going on in my life atm, so trading has become part of my daily routine, and I'm glad it helps me be preoccupied for a bit; it's not a lot, but it does help me a bit.

Not really Irony. More like Newton's law applied to economics. 

Something Ironic would be someone trading for profit but losing metal every time. That would also be silly

Archived