Specs:

Processor: i7 4700HQ (2.4Ghz)

Ram: 8GB 1600Mhz (1 stick)

GPU: GTX 860m 2GB GDDR5

Sound: SoundBlaster Cinema

HDD: 1Tb 7200 rpm

Screen: 15.6" Full HD IPS Panel

Currently have CSGO, TF2, Warframe, and LoL, and basic requirements installed

Looking for Suggestions in General ( Games to play with, upgrades*maybe*, few tweaks and the like)

How much did you pay for that laptop? :/

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it went around a total of 1299$, non-inclusive of tax. Had a relative there and hand carried it all the way to the Philippines :)

shoulda bought a pc

Already have a desktop, but it's shared. It doesn't run most of the games I want in the nice settings with a decent frame rate. Plus, parents didn't really approve of upgrading it or anything, so we went ahead and bought this for my graduation gift (from HS). Basically, this is my first PC.

Anyway, back on topic, you should try the typical games like Battlefield/Call of Duty, Skyrim, ARMA, etc. 

Thanks for the suggestion :) already have BF3 installed and looks stunning at full settings :) Running at around 50-60 fps :D I'm not much of a RPG player, so I might pass on Skyrim :)

Thanks for the suggestion :) already have BF3 installed and looks stunning at full settings :) Running at around 50-60 fps :D I'm not much of a RPG player, so I might pass on Skyrim :)

Have you tried any Elder Scrolls games? I'm not much of an RPG person, but I really liked Skyrim

I really like the GTA series, playing IV until V comes out for PC. Maybe try that as well. :P

Have you tried any Elder Scrolls games? I'm not much of an RPG person, but I really liked Skyrim

I personally don't like much RPG. Even something as epic as the Assassin's Creed Series kinda bored me out XD.

I really like the GTA series, playing IV until V comes out for PC. Maybe try that as well. :P

From what I heard, GTA IV has bad a port to PC. Played in on the PS3 so I'd pass on that :)

I personally don't like much RPG. Even something as epic as the Assassin's Creed Series kinda bored me out XD.

From what I heard, GTA IV has bad a port to PC. Played in on the PS3 so I'd pass on that :)

The main problem everyone complains about the port is just the fact that you need an extremely good PC in order to get decent frames out of it, and this 

is just due to poor programming for the game on PC. If you can get ~60 FPS on it (which you should with those specs) you probably won't have any complaints about it. That being said, if you already have the game on another platform then that's a different story. 

Still waiting for GTA V though. :D

The main problem everyone complains about the port is just the fact that you need an extremely good PC in order to get decent frames out of it, and this 

is just due to poor programming for the game on PC. If you can get ~60 FPS on it (which you should with those specs) you probably won't have any complaints about it. That being said, if you already have the game on another platform then that's a different story. 

Still waiting for GTA V though. :D

Thanks for the suggestion though :D. Any suggestions for programs/ apps to use to make my PC more personalized?

Have u tried Crysis 3? It looks so epic on my friends pc.(my laptop is shit)

Wait for gta v

and play eurotruck simulator 2

it's awesome

i played eurotruck 1, i hate it, i dont get it

i do own eurotruck 2 tho, never tried it

i played eurotruck 1, i hate it, i dont get it

i do own eurotruck 2 tho, never tried it

ets2 is much better than the first one

the multiplayer mod is also fun but the only downside is that you have to park in multiplayer which i suck at doing

ets2 is much better than the first one

the multiplayer mod is also fun but the only downside is that you have to park in multiplayer which i suck at doing

i use mac ;-;

i hate how ets2 is available for linux but not mac ;-;

Try to put two sticks of RAM in there(I'm assuming that your motherboard supports dual channel RAM). This will allow your RAM to process data quicker, speeding up your PC.

Have u tried Crysis 3? It looks so epic on my friends pc.(my laptop is shit)

Not yet, but I'm pretty sure the laptop can kick ass :)

Wait for gta v

and play eurotruck simulator 2

it's awesome

I'll take a look at it, looks like a racing sim so it may not be of my taste, but thanks for the opinion :)

Try to put two sticks of RAM in there(I'm assuming that your motherboard supports dual channel RAM). This will allow your RAM to process data quicker, speeding up your PC.

I'd have to wait for a year since warranty sticker is sneakily placed on the opening of the chassis :P I initially thought that the laptop had a dual channel kit, but apparently not. Thanks for the suggestion tho :D

So you cant upgrade the ram or hard drive without voiding the warranty? That's a giant POS if i ever saw one.

That's what I've heard :P And well the laptop runs fine as it is atm. I just needed it to perform generally well, both games and light-use :) Currently doing well, wish it had more juice tho.

Borderlands 2 is a beauty as is Kerbal Space Program and the Bioshock series.

For Battlefield, give Bad Company 2 a whirl as that's a lot of players' favorite in the series.

Borderlands 2 is a beauty as is Kerbal Space Program and the Bioshock series.

For Battlefield, give Bad Company 2 a whirl as that's a lot of players' favorite in the series.

KSP has some issues since it's game only utilizing a single core, Borderlands 2 might interest me. Probably will try the bioshock series :D Thanks for the suggestion

• 3 weeks later...

Archived