Omfg guys I need your help.

Racoon.

When I was playing TF2, a message continuosly showed up saying that the OS Pool Memory was low. I decided to browse how to clear it up and found that I had to do this:

Start ---> Run ---> regedit ---> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINA ---> SYSTEM ---> CurrentControlSet ---> Control ---> Session Manager ---> Memory Manager ---> double click on PagedPoolSize ---> Hexadecimal - 256Mb.

Today, I've been trying to run TF2 but a black window showed up so I couldn't do anything. After that, I decided to uninstall and then install TF2, but a message showed up saying that there had been an error (disk write) or something like that.

I'm really worried right now, I've never needed your help so badly guys. Please, help a fella out.

Then enjoy all the errors you keep complaining about. XP is outdated as balls

I don't care wether if it's outdated or not. I like it and that's about it. There's a way to sort the problem out, and that's why I came here.

I don't care wether if it's outdated or not. I like it and that's about it. There's a way to sort the problem out, and that's why I came here.

The way is to upgrade

you can choose between xp or tf2.simple as that.

I don't get what you're trying to say. I've been playing TF2 for like 3 years with Xp.

You do realize that XP is deprecated and thus it means that:

A. Microsoft will never update it, so new drivers and so on will be incompatible.

B. Antiviruses won't bother working for updates for xp, which means you'll eventually have colossal security holes in your system.

C. Just get goddamn 7 or 9 when it comes out.

Also, it was my fault, not Xp's fault.

Just try Windows 7/8 ,if you don't like it then downgrade to XP  and stop playing TF2.

You do realize that XP is deprecated and thus it means that:

A. Microsoft will never update it, so new drivers and so on will be incompatible.

B. Antiviruses won't bother working for updates for xp, which means you'll eventually have colossal security holes in your system.

C. Just get goddamn 7 or 9 when it comes out.

Everything this guy said.

So you come here for advice. We give you advice. then you say: 

Whatever you guys say. This is just a waste of my time.

that's a very stupid thing to say. No matter where you go, people will give you the same awnsers.

I don't get what you're trying to say. I've been playing TF2 for like 3 years with Xp.

Just saying but microsoft is no longer supporting XP, and because of this other companies arent going to be supporting xp as they had in the past.

Tf2 worked for the past 3 years on xp because it was supported and now was recently dropped. You can remain ignorant and ignore 90% of what others have already said but ther problem is there and if you dont update to at least 7 (which is basically xp but updated) you're going to run into a lot more problems in the future.

Many programs which is intergal in running software on the computer is slowly being phased out of xp...you can just remain ignorant and watch as you literally brick your computer.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention how every hacker out there is gunning for xp users now because your computer is basically a house with the front door unlocked and open wide.

My TF2 is bugged as shit too and crashes while joining servers from time to time and I know it's because I use XP (I just can't put up with the more modern OSs).

If you can't handle the errors upgrade otherwise learn to deal with it.

I understand it's hard to move on from a OS you have probably used for over 5 years but it's outdated now.

Archived