The Future

Tron

So this will be a thread dedicated to talking about the future, regarding serious topics involving politics, science and religion please refrain from talking about religion.

As days go by, serious issues are growing within the world. This is becoming a massive concern for our youth, and it scares me of how the world will function in the future.

Here are some issues to address in this thread:

- Isis

- Global climate change

- Russia (this is a very important one)

- Robotics

- Technolagy

- Science

- Economies

- Corruption

- World domination

If you guys find an interesting news thread regarding matter about the future, please feel free to share and discuss it on this thread.

Have fun.

Is it bad that I instantly thought of the Australian Government when I read "Corruption"?

Pretty sure every government in every country is corrupt. Thing is, what will happen as a result of this? And how long will it take?

What will happen as a result of this?

I doubt much will actually change since the governments have been 'corrupt' for a while. But if things were altered because of it, it would only make the government officials hold more power, which is already happening.

Food for thought. The movie "2001" portrayed a level of development that people honestly thought we would be at by that time.

Anyway;

Isis will become neutralized in iraq but not in Syria. That country will be a mess for a long time but no body cares as long as thier country is not involved.

read this book, 'physics of the future', by Michio Kaku 

so good

Michio Kaku is like the morgan freeman of physics

The trend of consolidating wealth to the few will have to be reversed or it will destroy the world as we know it and usher in a new dark age.

I do see ideological partisanship getting worse which can also only be bad.

Russia is interesting because they have so much desire/potential but have many limitations. I also despise Putin but recognize he is at least a functional leader for Russia and he has brought about stability and growth in the country but has also blinded the country and made it more backward in other ways.

Climate is either gonna go to fuck, or if we somehow manage to fix it and we survive for a while; USA is gonna conquer the world with their military.

In regards of economics; whoever figures out a better solution for clean energy will be a rich(er) nation.

Climate is either gonna go to fuck, or if we somehow manage to fix it and we survive for a while; USA is gonna conquer the world with their military.

In regards of economics; whoever figures out a better solution for clean energy will be a rich(er) nation.

and remember, clean energy =/= renewable energy

and remember, clean energy =/= renewable energy

Really? Could you tell me what clean energy is then, because google is giving me the same definition as renewable energy.

The trend of consolidating wealth to the few will have to be reversed or it will destroy the world as we know it and usher in a new dark age.

I do see ideological partisanship getting worse which can also only be bad.

Russia is interesting because they have so much desire/potential but have many limitations. I also despise Putin but recognize he is at least a functional leader for Russia and he has brought about stability and growth in the country but has also blinded the country and made it more backward in other ways.

Yeah. I believe Russia will become an enemy to the UN over time, as shown in the James Bond films. Totally agree with your statement.

Now I'd like to bring a similar matter up.

The G20 is an event where the leaders of the 20 richest countries gather to have a conference. Last time it was held in Toronto, and many riots occured. This year, it is being held in Brisbane Australia (the city I live in.. yey). There has been some controversy whether to ban Putin from the conference. Could this possibly provoke Russia to attack; will it break our relations with Russia?

There has been some controversy whether to ban Putin from the conference. 

The official reason why Putin will most likely not be coming to the G20 is because he is still holding vital information that will help to develop more accurate reports on the shooting of the civilian transport plane, MH5something. An immediate member of my nuclear family works a high position in the company that manages the majority of Australian highway's and other transport systems. With Obama and Putin coming to one of the most disorganized cities in Australia many security systems would have to be permanently updated, costing millions. The added confusion and heat of the expansion of Russia and Murica to other countries doesnt help. If Putin wanted to come to the G20, he would come. I dont think Australia would actually enforce these statements, especially after Tony Abbotts recent decisions not being the most beneficial to the majority of Australians.

Anyway, Putin isnt coming, i guarantee it with 10000 deustchmarks.

p.s sorry if my point wasnt conveyed very well, wrote this in like 1.02384 minutes

also you and with james bond tron, you and james bond

With love from your favorite local speed dealer, Chubundu.

set r (the set of renewable energy sources) = {solar, hydro, wind}

set c (the set of clean energy sources) = {nuclear (if done properly and in a safe environment), solar (if you produce the panels in a sustainable way)}

r != c

Pretty simple.

Really? Could you tell me what clean energy is then, because google is giving me the same definition as renewable energy.

Yeah. I believe Russia will become an enemy to the UN over time, as shown in the James Bond films. Totally agree with your statement.

Now I'd like to bring a similar matter up.

The G20 is an event where the leaders of the 20 richest countries gather to have a conference. Last time it was held in Toronto, and many riots occured. This year, it is being held in Brisbane Australia (the city I live in.. yey). There has been some controversy whether to ban Putin from the conference. Could this possibly provoke Russia to attack; will it break our relations with Russia?

Pretty much this. Russia is most likely gonna alienate the U.N. with it's urge to gain power and control in its neighboring countries (like Ukraine, obviously).

With Technology, I would say it would increase further and further for a very long time, up to the point of Virtual Reality becoming possible. (Hell, we already have the Oculus Rift). Moore's Law states that every 2 years, the circuit will double in transistors (and power), but this can only occur for so long. We will EVENTUALLY reach the limits with the materials we can fit into tiny amounts of space, and with how much energy we can push out of them.

And climate change... well... honestly, it looks so bad with the rate at which the temperature of the atmosphere is rising, that even if we stopped producing greenhouse gases right now, it would take years for it all to go away and for things to start lowering again. Proof: http://climate.nasa.gov/climatechangeFAQ/#Q8

World domination? Honestly, I do not see the world becoming any less divided and independent than it is right now. History has shown that to be the case, what with all the countries and wars we have formed and fought, respectively. (And no, I'm not one of those people who believe in the Illuminati).

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.â€

- Albert Einstein

USA is gonna conquer the world with their military.

Yep, we've been planning to invade Europe for a while now.

We're actually planning to cut our military budget before we do so, of course.

Yep, we've been planning to invade Europe for a while now.

We're actually planning to cut our military budget before we do so, of course.

Very accurate information!

When I first heard Russia sent troops to Ukraine my first thought (and my first words on the subject) were "World War 3 starts today."

I can tell World War 3 is going to start soon, and as for the future it all depends on what happens during that war.

Touching on a new topic. Science. Today I heard a report that many research grants have drying up due to budget cuts from the federal government. One researcher stated that his concern was more for his assistants than the pure progress of the project. If he had to let them go it might take him 5 years to acquire new assistants and get the project back to where it is now. He had already reduced his staff and the project was already slow. These research projects range from wildlife, health etc. As no one knows what revelations will come from any of these, if a university feels that its focus deserves space, than what is wrong with deficit spending to support them?

Archived