Nice try mate.

MajorNZ

So recently I've been trying to sell some stuff from my BP for money. After many weeks, a fellow named Cora contacts me for my U. Orbiting Planets Milkman. I state my rules, and he says he's O.K with that, under one condition. No middleman. I say no, he explains he has "rep" on his profile. I see it, but I do not trade with him. Weeks go by and today he contacts me again, asking if I have changed my mind. I say yes, and then go into detail about the terms of the trade. Not too long after, he backs out of his previous choice of going first (not in the screencap). He says that his rep should speak for itself. I decide to take a second look at his "rep". After page 1, it's all "rep" by the same damn people. I point this out, and he unfriends me moments later. I think I won this battle. 

Here's his profile to see the "rep": http://steamcommunity.com/id/lolukijai/

post-4340-0-26654300-1409407393_thumb.png

post-4340-0-36489500-1409407401_thumb.png

post-4340-0-36800300-1409407410_thumb.png

So recently I've been trying to sell some stuff from my BP for money. After many weeks, a fellow named Cora contacts me for my U. Orbiting Planets Milkman. I state my rules, and he says he's O.K with that, under one condition. No middleman. I say no, he explains he has "rep" on his profile. I see it, but I do not trade with him. Weeks go by and today he contacts me again, asking if I have changed my mind. I say yes, and then go into detail about the terms of the trade. Not too long after, he backs out of his previous choice of going first (not in the screencap). He says that his rep should speak for itself. I decide to take a second look at his "rep". After page 1, it's all "rep" by the same damn people. I point this out, and he unfriends me moments later. I think I won this battle. 

Here's his profile to see the "rep": http://steamcommunity.com/id/lolukijai/

Wow sounds dodgy, he even appears to have changed his steam ID because of it...

Never go by rep on the Steam profile itself, as you can delete any comments on your profile, effectively wiping all negatives away.

That's why you should decline those buyers if it's going to be messy when talking about middleman. (seems kinda obvious)

Just for safety.

I did it to expose him as a scammer. I never go without middlemen.

Never go by rep on the Steam profile itself, as you can delete any comments on your profile, effectively wiping all negatives away.

Yeah. That's why I kept saying that Steam profile "rep" is trash.

Checked on the profiles that gave him rep. They are more than likely alts as one JUST installed TF2, and the other is a private account. Also, he recently got TF2. I also decided to do more snooping, and found out that another person reported Cora for the same reason I did.

Wow he doesn't even have tf2 installed.... 

It says: 0.5 hours in record, and the first time he's ever played is today? Hmmm that makes me thinkin' how did she know how to scam an unusual in the first place? She might be having some alternative accounts, so be careful 'bout that

It says: 0.5 hours in record, and the first time he's ever played is today? Hmmm that makes me thinkin' how did she know how to scam an unusual in the first place? She might be having some alternative accounts, so be careful 'bout that

At the time of my posting they didn't have the game installed yet. And as for how they knew how to scam an unusual in the first place, well that's easy; This account is most likely an alt for a long time scammer whose main most likely got trade banned and marked on steamrep. This isn't very uncommon after all.

Archived