Suggestions on a new laptop ($300-$500 budget)

BlaqkAudio

So yeah. I currently use a Lenovo Ideapad N586 Notebook. 

Link to the laptop here >> http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaPad-N586-Notebook.83432.0.html

I bought it for $200 at my local Best Buy because it was the only laptop with a price tag of $250 or lower that could run Borderlands 2. (I was duped. BL2 only runs at the shittiest graphics and I still get fps drop. fml)

A while back there was this windows update and I think my laptop died right at the 98% complete mark while it was updating. Wonderfully, I didn't get a blue screen! But lots of stuff got fucked up. Java doesn't work, .Netframe applications keep crashing. I can go on and on.

Another gripe I had about this pc was where the ventilation was placed. The vents were rounded at the bottom and that caused whatever was under my laptop to heat up and eventually overheating the system. Huge bummer.

So NOW after 8 months of using this piece of shit laptop, I think it's time for a new one :)

I am looking for a laptop that has good enough specs to at least run Counter-Strike: GO at 60 fps and that is within my budget of $500.

Now I know nothing of specs and stuff. So I was hoping someone here could help me out a bit. Anything is fine but it's gotta reach that requirement above^. That, and with a hard drive of at least 500GB.

Show me what you guys got :D

"Counter-Strike: GO at 150 fps"

lolwut...?

1) You would need a laptop equipped with a screen that can refresh that fast. 

2) Your budget for a laptop, assuming you don't want to run at the lowest possible settings considering your dislike for a <$250 laptop's performance with BL2 (lulz), is not going to cut it, IMO. The lowest card that can do CS:GO maxed @ ~60fps-1080p is a 650m GT. Even refurbished machines, per newegg, you are looking at $650+.

3) Seriously, where did you get 150FPS?

My advice, save more for a bigger budget if you want a gaming laptop.

"Counter-Strike: GO at 150 fps"

lolwut...?

1) You would need a laptop equipped with a screen that can refresh that fast. 

2) Your budget for a laptop, assuming you don't want to run at the lowest possible settings considering your dislike for a <$250 laptop's performance with BL2 (lulz), is not going to cut it, IMO. The lowest card that can do CS:GO maxed @ ~60fps-1080p is a 650m GT. Even refurbished machines, per newegg, you are looking at $650+.

3) Seriously, where did you get 150FPS?

My advise, save more for a bigger budget if you want a gaming laptop.

idk, lol. 60 if good enough for me then

Is there a reason you need a gaming laptop? (rather than a gaming desktop + shitty laptop)

I have no room for a desktop anywhere in my house, unfortunately. :c

I have no room for a desktop anywhere in my house, unfortunately. :c

Make room :P

You can get a nice small mitx case (Fractal Design Node 304), or a decently small mATX case (Cooler Master N200/Fractal Design Node 804). A Desktop doesn't really take up a whole lot of room, even big ass full towers. 

Make room :P

You can get a nice small mitx case (Fractal Design Node 304), or a decently small mATX case (Cooler Master N200/Fractal Design Node 804). A Desktop doesn't really take up a whole lot of room, even big ass full towers. 

Honestly I would but I really don't have enough space :c I would prefer a desktop over a laptop anyday but in my current living situation, I just can't. That's why I've been using this laptop for over two years now

My advise, save more for a bigger budget if you want a gaming laptop.

I strongly agree with this guy's opinion. Buying extremely cheap stuff won't get you as far as getting something a tad bit more expensive. You'd be rather disappointed spending 500$ now than spending around 800$ in the near future

Archived