MvM Australium Talk(Official)

BuzzKillDude (MvM)

Hey guys, I just wanted to know your guy's thoughts on the topic on australiums. I myself have 2 australiums in 12 tours, and I consider myself very lucky, except in unboxing.

Here is my loot list;

Tour 1: Specialized Kit( I forgot)

Tour 2: Professional Killstreak Bat Fab

Tour 3: Australium Grenade Launcher

Tour 4: Specialized

Tour 5: Specialized

Tour 6: Specialized

Tour 7: Specialized

Tour 8: Australium..... blutsauger(Imagine seeing four boxes on the right, shitting your pants, then suckin the shit back up again D:)

Tour 9: Specialized

Tour 10: Specialized

Tour 11: Specialized

Tour 12: Professional Bat Outta Hell Fab

I just wanted to know because I change my name every day depending on my mood, and maybe that increases the chances of getting an australium? Reason my backpack is so poor is because I am a gambling man and let's just say I lost the grenade launcher in a spycrab, and unboxed with the keys that I got from blutsauger . And I dont put much money irl into tf2.

Please post here how you feel about your australium experiences, as well as what YOU think increases the chances of getting an australium.

:D  :)  ;)  :P  :(   :o  :mellow:  B)  :angry:    :ph34r:

Sorry... what gives you the authority to put "OFFICIAL" on your thread?  

Aussie flame first tour, sold for 4 buds in hats.

Hey guys, I just wanted to know your guy's thoughts on the topic on australiums. I myself have 2 australiums in 12 tours, and I consider myself very lucky, except in unboxing.

Here is my loot list;

Tour 1: Specialized Kit( I forgot)

Tour 2: Professional Killstreak Bat Fab

Tour 3: Australium Grenade Launcher

Tour 4: Specialized

Tour 5: Specialized

Tour 6: Specialized

Tour 7: Specialized

Tour 8: Australium..... blutsauger(Imagine seeing four boxes on the right, shitting your pants, then suckin the shit back up again D:)

Tour 9: Specialized

Tour 10: Specialized

Tour 11: Specialized

Tour 12: Professional Bat Outta Hell Fab

I just wanted to know because I change my name every day depending on my mood, and maybe that increases the chances of getting an australium? Reason my backpack is so poor is because I am a gambling man and let's just say I lost the grenade launcher in a spycrab, and unboxed with the keys that I got from blutsauger . And I dont put much money irl into tf2.

Please post here how you feel about your australium experiences, as well as what YOU think increases the chances of getting an australium.

:D  :)  ;)  :P  :(   :o  :mellow:  B)  :angry:    :ph34r:

I've met people with over 100 tours that haven't struck gold.  You struck gold twice in 10 tours.  Don't complain.  I'm on 76 tours and found an axtinguisher and a medi gun and a pro huntsman kit.  Other than that, not really anything worth mentioning. 

There is absolutely nothing you can do to increase your chances of receiving an Australium weapon upon a tour completion. Period. It's a random drop.

I'm working on Two Cities tour #197 and have had 5 Australiums drop. I sold every one of them. The two I have in my backpack currently I traded for.

I have friends that have had more drop in less tours and also have one very sad friend who has 341 tours (last time I checked) and has had 5 Australiums drop. I think he got his first one at tour #155.

With that being said I've been very fortunate in selling Specialized and Pro Killstreak Kits on the SCM. MvM rewards have payed for itself for me and has allowed me to obtain most of my Unusuals.

Tour 1-49... Shit... Tour 50 was a Pro Sniper kit that I stupidly took a bad deal on. Then from 51-112 It's still been shit. I hate this game.

I've met people with over 100 tours that haven't struck gold.  You struck gold twice in 10 tours.  Don't complain.  I'm on 76 tours and found an axtinguisher and a medi gun and a pro huntsman kit.  Other than that, not really anything worth mentioning. 

I am not complaining about my luck. I am critisizing myself due to my stupidness and gambling. I am trying to be smarter with trading. Just looking for tips and stories

And theories

Tour 3 I managed to get an Australium Rocket launcher, and then Tour 11 I got an Australium Force-a-nature; needless to say I consider myself lucky in that regard. Now if only I can get that in unboxes XD 

Tour 3 I managed to get an Australium Rocket launcher, and then Tour 11 I got an Australium Force-a-nature; needless to say I consider myself lucky in that regard. Now if only I can get that in unboxes XD 

Dude I feel ya. I have unboxed in total I think is 3-400 crates, and the best Ive gotten was a pro ks scatter gun kit in crate 83; looking for my first unusual unboxed still.

125 tours.

6 Australiums. Tours 13, 43, 76, 77, 82, and 92.

~20 Pro fabs. 5-6 decent.

Some are lucky, some aren't.

It looks like you have been fortunate.

On Tour 80 right now with nothing good... Only Australium I got was on Tour 53, an Australium Blutsauger when it was ~10 Keys. Upsetting.

And this is also why I hate kids who always think they're going to get good things after doing only ONE tour. Sometimes you're not lucky at all and you'll end up being like me.

And you'll end up filling Gaben's pockets more and more.

1st tour nothing special

2nd tour aussie grenade

3rd tour aussie smg

4th tour aussie tomi

enough said

in the end i traded for my friends unusual. bl2goty bbt and terraria

The best way to win is to not play at all.

Seriously, you can BUY an australium at a cheaper price than you are likely to spend on getting one.

The best way to win is to not play at all.

Seriously, you can BUY an australium at a cheaper price than you are likely to spend on getting one.

Where is the fun in that?

I personally enjoy MvM - it's literally the only TF2 game mode I play right now.

Even two so-so Specialized kits will cover the cost of the tour. And if you get lucky with a drop, profit, unless it's something you want to keep.

Where is the fun in that?

I personally enjoy MvM - it's literally the only TF2 game mode I play right now.

Even two so-so Specialized kits will cover the cost of the tour. And if you get lucky with a drop, profit, unless it's something you want to keep.

I finished 4 tours of MvM in a row. By that time, I was sick and tired of dealing with F2Pers that I just stopped (this was back in the December and January btw)

Aside from that, there is no new challenge in playing the same waves over and over again because you can't play anything that is not on the Meta. I think it is extremely boring in the fact that it is a systematic game play and they come in the exact same order. On top of that, some times the skilled player drops and the team fails more players leave blah blah blah.

Long story short, I play MvM when it is fun. So most of the time it's with friends and you have no idea what might happen or who you might play with on boot camp. If I feel lucky, I will uncrate. If not, I just trade for what I want.

I finished 4 tours of MvM in a row. By that time, I was sick and tired of dealing with F2Pers that I just stopped (this was back in the December and January btw)

Aside from that, there is no new challenge in playing the same waves over and over again because you can't play anything that is not on the Meta. I think it is extremely boring in the fact that it is a systematic game play and they come in the exact same order. On top of that, some times the skilled player drops and the team fails more players leave blah blah blah.

Long story short, I play MvM when it is fun. So most of the time it's with friends and you have no idea what might happen or who you might play with on boot camp. If I feel lucky, I will uncrate. If not, I just trade for what I want.

I agree with you 100%

On Tour 80 right now with nothing good... Only Australium I got was on Tour 53, an Australium Blutsauger when it was ~10 Keys. Upsetting.

And this is also why I hate kids who always think they're going to get good things after doing only ONE tour. Sometimes you're not lucky at all and you'll end up being like me.

And you'll end up filling Gaben's pockets more and more.

Hey Good luck in the future man :P, Persistance=Rewards

You can break the meta if everyone knows what they're doing.  This is the problem, generally only one or 2 people (in a game with randoms) really know what needs to be done at any given point in time, so you're pretty much stuck with the Medic/Engie/Soldier/Demo/Heavy/Scout set-up.  

Try MvM with 4 soldiers 1 engie and 1 medic sometime - it's fun.  You're probably gonna miss some cash, but if you keep it to minimum, it doesn't really matter.  

First rule of MvM: Don't talk about MvM!

Just kidding.

On a serious note, never play with randoms unless you can carry, hard. Not following the meta is what makes it fun. All classes are viable if played correctly.

But, to each his own. GL HF!

Also, I just finished a whole tour with my buddies with the 3 sollies, 1 medic, 1 demo, 1 scout strategy. Had some problems, but it ended up working

Archived