Favorite Pyro Flamethrower

Tanner the Original Scout™

Pyro  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite flamethrower?

• Flame Thrower + BK, Festive, Aussie
    • Backburner
    • Degreaser
    • Phlogistinator
    • Rainblower

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hue Hue I love the hate.

I just wanted to share my phlog ;-;

My post was a joke. No idea why people think I was trying to be hateful.

Degreaser cuz it's most universal.

Phlog and backburner is also fun!

However I don't really see anything special in stock. It's like Degreaser, but worse.

Phlog ftw,crits r op

Phlog ftw,crits r op

To reiterate the song 'We Didn't Start This Flame War' by CollegeHumor

'Double Post, My Bad'

'This kid's a noob fag'

'What's your problem douchebag?'

'You're the ass, fkin' fag'

'You're a fag! You're a bitch!'

'All o' you can suck my dck!'

I love that song.

Phlogftw

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer stock.

However I don't really see anything special in stock. It's like Degreaser, but worse.

Stock does more damage than degreaser, both in normal flame damage and most especially in afterburn damage.  Degreaser is less powerful, but allows for faster weapon switching.  That's the trade-off.  It's meant for puff 'n sting.  If you don't get that follow-up axtinguisher hit, you're just not doing as much damage as stock.

Backburner because I have a very good tendency to get behind the enemy group unnoticed, leading to mass burninations.

Also, one nice thing with the backburner: No one expects you to use your airblast, which makes for some nasty surprises.

degreaser because airblast

The stock flamethrower has airblast too, and it consumes the exact same amount of ammo as the degreaser.  The stock also does more direct damage than the degreaser, and more afterburn damage too.  IMO, unless you are constantly doing puff and sting, the degreaser just isn't good enough to justify using over the stock.  I know people have a boner for it, but the degreaser is highly overrated.

The stock flamethrower has airblast too, and it consumes the exact same amount of ammo as the degreaser.  The stock also does more direct damage than the degreaser, and more afterburn damage too.  IMO, unless you are constantly doing puff and sting, the degreaser just isn't good enough to justify using over the stock.  I know people have a boner for it, but the degreaser is highly overrated.

Putting it simply for me:

Death to the Degreaser.

IMO, unless you are constantly doing puff and sting, the degreaser just isn't good enough to justify using over the stock.  I know people have a boner for it, but the degreaser is highly overrated.

It's part of the reason why the degreaser is more preferred in competitive highlander; the puff and sting is needed, especially when paired with the flare gun. Stock is barely used in competitive.

Putting it simply for me:

Death to the Degreaser.

The Degreaser is only good with what you pair it with. Other than that, it's not really effective. Either way...

i own a team shine f2p destroyer best wep 2014

Archived