Mario Kart 8's gone completely mad

Gent♥

screenshot_65047_thumb_wide610.jpg

screenshot_65046_thumb_wide610.jpg

And yes these are coming from official sources:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/58319/link-on-a-bike-its-new-mario-kart-8-dlc/

I will quote, for anyone too lazy to click on a link;

Pack 1, coming in November, includes three new characters in the form of Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and, most excitingly, The Legend of Zelda's Link. There will also be four new vehicles, including comically punchy Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon, and eight courses ranging from remade classics (Wario's Gold Mine has been name-dropped) to new roads based on other franchises.

Pack 2, which will be released in May, offers more stages and karts as well as Animal Crossing characters Villager and Isabelle, plus the skeletal Dry Bowser.

Thoughts? Is this a step too far for the franchise, diluting the 'purity' of it, or is the zany-ness of Link, driving the Blue Falcon, getting red Shelled by Isabelle driving a real-ass Mercedes too hard to resist?

-snip these images-

And yes these are coming from official sources:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/58319/link-on-a-bike-its-new-mario-kart-8-dlc/

I will quote, for anyone too lazy to click on a link;

Pack 1, coming in November, includes three new characters in the form of Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and, most excitingly, The Legend of Zelda's Link. There will also be four new vehicles, including comically punchy Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon, and eight courses ranging from remade classics (Wario's Gold Mine has been name-dropped) to new roads based on other franchises.

Pack 2, which will be released in May, offers more stages and karts as well as Animal Crossing characters Villager and Isabelle, plus the skeletal Dry Bowser.

Thoughts? Is this a step too far for the franchise, diluting the 'purity' of it, or is the zany-ness of Link, driving the Blue Falcon, getting red Shelled by Isabelle too hard to resist?

I kinda think it is pretty cool, but I mean you can only go so far out on a game series where you can add more content. 

I never liked having to buy DLC, but if I could, I would buy that LoZ DLC.

I dunno how much it's going to be elsewhere, but the source is reporting both packs, plus a load of palette swaps for Shy Guy and Yoshi, at £11 (~$18)

16 new tracks, 6 (well, four, those Mario / Peach reskins kinda suck) new characters and 8 new karts for £11 is pretty good going.

Beats the market rate on FPS Map Packs any day XD

I couldn't find a decent image of it, but from what I've seen floating around on the internet one of those 'new tracks' is a Mute City homage, too.

I, personally, am hyped as f*ck X3

i c Link on a bike + Mario and Luigi on F-ZERO machines!!!!!

i remember using a train in Mario Cart GameCube

yup, I've only played GameCube and Nintendo 64 versions

No. Call of duty is out of hand.

This is an "innovative" step on Nintendo's side. They aren't really big on DLc, so this is a gerat step forward. Yes it can be abused, but at least we are recieving an update with not just new corses, but also new characters and carts. Call of duty gives 5 maps and (Sparkle sparkle) a weapon.

-.-'

So this is really great for Mario KArt. I might buy the game just for the dlc XD

No. Call of duty is out of hand.

This is an "innovative" step on Nintendo's side. They aren't really big on DLc, so this is a gerat step forward. Yes it can be abused, but at least we are recieving an update with not just new corses, but also new characters and carts. Call of duty gives 5 maps and (Sparkle sparkle) a weapon.

-.-'

So this is really great for Mario KArt. I might buy the game just for the dlc XD

I never said out of hand, but you can't deny it's mad XD

As I pointed out in a post earlier, this is a REALLY cheap buy for DLC generally.

The two separate packs are ~$10 (£7) each. In them you get 3 characters, 4 karts and 8 tracks. If you buy both, you get 1 half-price.

Done a bit more research, It would appear pack one will contain:

Mute City-inspired course

Excitebike-inspired course.

At least one Zelda-inspired course, probably two.

Four retro courses, one of which is Wario's Gold mine.

Pack two, from the looks of it, has two different Animal Crossing courses, and we'll probably get more info nearer the time :P

This is gonna be beautiful, I've pre-bought both DLC packs XD

Weeeelllllllllll...............

Hate to be "that guy" but the Blue Falcon was already a cart in MKW, as was Dry Bowser. 

And "Purity"? It's a cartoon racer where you blow up your friends and drive on Rainbow Road. It's always been goofy and off the cuff. Nay, the series lost its' innocence when they allowed the abomination Waluigi to be playable in MKDD. 

I'd buy this pack if I owned a Wii U.

Weeeelllllllllll...............

Hate to be "that guy" but the Blue Falcon was already a cart in MKW, as was Dry Bowser. 

And "Purity"? It's a cartoon racer where you blow up your friends and drive on Rainbow Road. It's always been goofy and off the cuff. Nay, the series lost its' innocence when they allowed the abomination Waluigi to be playable in MKDD. 

I'd buy this pack if I owned a Wii U.

Yeah, I know The Blue Falcon's returning, but somehow it's inclusion in MKWii was just, better.

I think because it was the FINAL unlock, you had to clear EVERYTHING, something about that made a cross-over item more acceptable. I don't know if that's a common opinion or if that's just me :P

Dry Bowser is annoying SOME people (not me) because they're adding him when Dry Bones isn't even currently playable :3

And, I completely agree with you, the 'purity' thing was just with the intent to whip up conversation. It's working X3

WALUIGI TIME

I never said out of hand, but you can't deny it's mad XD

As I pointed out in a post earlier, this is a REALLY cheap buy for DLC generally.

The two separate packs are ~$10 (£7) each. In them you get 3 characters, 4 karts and 8 tracks. If you buy both, you get 1 half-price.

Done a bit more research, It would appear pack one will contain:

Mute City-inspired course

Excitebike-inspired course.

At least one Zelda-inspired course, probably two.

Four retro courses, one of which is Wario's Gold mine.

Pack two, from the looks of it, has two different Animal Crossing courses, and we'll probably get more info nearer the time :P

This is gonna be beautiful, I've pre-bought both DLC packs XD

DLCs are $8 each and $12 for the bundle.

DLCs are $8 each and $12 for the bundle.

Ahh, mine were only estimates based on conversion rates and how much they are in GBP ^^

Damn you 'Muricans, you get everything cheaper XD

Ahh, mine were only estimates based on conversion rates and how much they are in GBP ^^

And earlier too.

And earlier too.

Certainly used to, things have gotten SLIGHTLY better on that front XD

I don't see why they can't just give us Brits the 'American-English' (I hate that term with every fiber of my being) version of stuff. Nooo, we have to wait for the rest of flippin Europe to get their versions translated ;_;

It is a perk, yes. 

Certainly used to, things have gotten SLIGHTLY better on that front XD

I don't see why they can't just give us Brits the 'American-English' (I hate that term with every fiber of my being) version of stuff. Nooo, we have to wait for the rest of flippin Europe to get their versions translated ;_;

Could be worse, you could live in Australia, where they have to wait longer to get the games, and have to pay double to play them, and they get the censored to shit versions. 

Oh, and you can just say "American" version. 

Oh, so i'm not the only one on the bp.tf forums that plays Mario Kart 8...

So the first time I played MKU I was at a friend's party. I had the controller and was sitting on his patio, and refused to come inside because I was three sheets pissed and I could smoke out there. So people at the party just started to play against me. I got more and more drunk and kept playing, and had no idea who I was playing against because they just kept rotating people in and out, and gave up controllers when they lost, in this case coming in 3rd or 4th. I did this for the better part of 4 hours. Turns out I dominated so badly, even being the first time I'd played it and black-out drunk, that I won something like 40 races in a row, and beat every single person that played. I'm pretty good at it, but I don't own a Wii U. 

It is a perk, yes.

Could be worse, you could live in Australia, where they have to wait longer to get the games, and have to pay double to play them, and they get the censored to shit versions.

Oh, and you can just say "American" version.

So the first time I played MKU I was at a friend's party. I had the controller and was sitting on his patio, and refused to come inside because I was three sheets pissed and I could smoke out there. So people at the party just started to play against me. I got more and more drunk and kept playing, and had no idea who I was playing against because they just kept rotating people in and out, and gave up controllers when they lost, in this case coming in 3rd or 4th. I did this for the better part of 4 hours. Turns out I dominated so badly, even being the first time I'd played it and black-out drunk, that I won something like 40 races in a row, and beat every single person that played. I'm pretty good at it, but I don't own a Wii U.

Either you must be really good at video games while drunk or your friends suck ass at Mario Kart that a drunk person can beat them.

Mario Kart 8 was the only reason I got a Wii U. It was worth the buy.

Either you must be really good at video games while drunk or your friends suck ass at Mario Kart that a drunk person can beat them.

I'm amazing at Mario Kart and equally skilled at drunk gaming.

Mario Kart 8 was the only reason I got a Wii U. It was worth the buy.

It's funny, I've been considering getting one just for MK8.

It's funny, I've been considering getting one just for MK8.

The Wii U is, like it's predecessor, a great secondary machine. You get all the big multiplatform games on your Xbox/Playstation/PC and save the Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives and other titles that work well with the different control scheme.

Though, you did miss the best time to get the game as Nintendo was giving away free Wii U titles just for registering the game for the first two months after release.

Archived