Best Spec KS Fabricators to craft?

cares

Which Spec KS Fabricators are best to craft (most profitable due to demand)? Which sheens are considered the best (demand again)? Prof KS Fabricators are a bit expensive and time consuming to craft + sell, so I'll likely stay away from those.

I'm interested in crafting a few of these, but I'm not entirely sure which ones. Of course Big Kill ones won't sell in any considerable time frame, so which have the highest demand? And which sheens are considered to be the worst/best?

So basically, how much profit can you make off of crafting these assuming one takes about a key (< 7 ref) to make (~6 ref for the parts, 0.66 for the unique ks kit - GRUs, Axtinguishers, 0.11-ish per fabricator). Looking at the classifieds, most of them go for 1 key unfortunately.

I know to avoid some of the reskins / all on http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann_Co._Supply_Crate/Active_series so don't tell me about them.

I'd also like to hear your experiences with them, if any.

It would cost you 5.44 Refined to complete a fabricator if you:

Buy Battle-Worn Parts at 0.33 for 2 (4 Ref Total)

Buy Reinforced Parts for 1 Weapon each (0.22 Ref + 1 Weapon Total)

Buy Killstreak Kits (and their respective weapon) for 1 Refined per kit (1 Refined + 1 Weapon Total)

Buy Fabricators for 1 Scrap each

Most weapon kits can fetch a key, but the ones you want to stay away from are:

Promo Weapons

Melee Weapons

Unboxable Weapons in kit form (Crate #83 and #84)

Sheens, I would definetly go for team shine. Avoid mean green and agonzing emerald since those drop commonly. For the others, you have to find the approriate market (I have a friend who love villainous violet and another who hates deadly daffodil.)

Sheens, I would definetly go for team shine. Avoid mean green and agonzing emerald since those drop commonly. For the others, you have to find the approriate market (I have a friend who love villainous violet and another who hates deadly daffodil.)

Sheens usually don't matter when it comes to Spec. KS Kits because they're mostly used for crafting instead for personal use. While you could theoretically get a tad more for Team Shine over Agonizing Emerald, the difference is negligible.

Which Spec KS Fabricators are best to craft (most profitable due to demand)? Which sheens are considered the best (demand again)? Prof KS Fabricators are a bit expensive and time consuming to craft + sell, so I'll likely stay away from those.

I'm interested in crafting a few of these, but I'm not entirely sure which ones. Of course Big Kill ones won't sell in any considerable time frame, so which have the highest demand? And which sheens are considered to be the worst/best?

So basically, how much profit can you make off of crafting these assuming one takes about a key (< 7 ref) to make (~6 ref for the parts, 0.66 for the unique ks kit - GRUs, Axtinguishers, 0.11-ish per fabricator). Looking at the classifieds, most of them go for 1 key unfortunately.

I know to avoid some of the reskins / all on http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann_Co._Supply_Crate/Active_series so don't tell me about them.

I'd also like to hear your experiences with them, if any.

If you're trying to make profit, try doing stock fabs, even ones that can be uncrated (Scattergun, Minigun) can still be sold in the 1 key range (higher end sheens, like Team Shine) , and even in the 2 key range.

If you're going to keep it, then craft what you feel what you want to craft...

And you're right. It all can depend on the seller, or the buyer and their taste in sheens. More often than not, Team Shine kits sell easily for a key. Try the same with Agonizing Emerald, and you'll fail. So...

Team Shine>Villainous Violet=Hot Rod>Manndarin>Deadly Daffodil>Mean Green=Agonizing Emerald (this may not be entirely accurate)

It would cost you 5.44 Refined to complete a fabricator if you:

Buy Battle-Worn Parts at 0.33 for 2 (4 Ref Total)
Buy Reinforced Parts for 1 Weapon each (0.22 Ref + 1 Weapon Total)
Buy Killstreak Kits (and their respective weapon) for 1 Refined per kit (1 Refined + 1 Weapon Total)
Buy Fabricators for 1 Scrap each

Most weapon kits can fetch a key, but the ones you want to stay away from are:

Promo Weapons
Melee Weapons
Unboxable Weapons in kit form (Crate #83 and #84)

If I were to buy my parts from scrap.tf it'd be a lot more expensive (example): - somehow the formatting broke :(

Input Items Killstreak Item x 1 (?) :: 0.71 (GRU kit + gru) Battle-Worn Robot KB-808 x 12 (~0.22 ref ea.) :: 24 scrap = 2.66 Battle-Worn Robot Money Furnace x 9 (~0.22 ref ea.) :: 18 scrap = 2 Battle-Worn Robot Taunt Processor x 3 (~0.22 ref ea.) :: 6 scrap = 0.66 (5.33) Reinforced Robot Humor Suppression Pump x 5 (~0.11 ref ea.) :: 5 weps = 0.28 Cost to craft: ~5.83 ref :: actually 6.33, 6.44 if fabricator is included

~1 ref profit is fine for me, but maybe I should in fact start a shop for buying kits, parts, fabricators for cheap. I'll try out making a few fabricators first though.

BTW, someone should update reinforced parts to be 0.05, no one pays more for them. scrap.tf has tons @ 0.05

What about hams/pans?

Thought so myself.

Sheens usually don't matter when it comes to Spec. KS Kits because they're mostly used for crafting instead for personal use. While you could theoretically get a tad more for Team Shine over Agonizing Emerald, the difference is negligible.

I see a lot of people use spec ks instead of prof ks, probably because they are so damn expensive. What I care about the most is how long does it take to sell these, will Team Shine sell a lot quicker?

If you're trying to make profit, try doing stock fabs, even ones that can be uncrated (Scattergun, Minigun) can still be sold in the 1 key range (higher end sheens, like Team Shine) , and even in the 2 key range.

If you're going to keep it, then craft what you feel what you want to craft...

I have to run TF2 in DX8 (because graphics card is crap), which doesn't support phong shading (mat_phong), so no sheens show for me :( All of them will be tossed on the market.

Thanks for the advice.

And you're right. It all can depend on the seller, or the buyer and their taste in sheens. More often than not, Team Shine kits sell easily for a key. Try the same with Agonizing Emerald, and you'll fail. So...

Team Shine>Villainous Violet=Hot Rod>Manndarin>Deadly Daffodil>Mean Green=Agonizing Emerald (this may not be entirely accurate)

Alright, thanks.

Is making a trade on outpost sufficient enough or should I look for buyers?

If I were to buy my parts from scrap.tf it'd be a lot more expensive (example): - somehow the formatting broke :(

Input Items Killstreak Item x 1 (?) :: 0.71 (GRU kit + gru) Battle-Worn Robot KB-808 x 12 (~0.22 ref ea.) :: 24 scrap = 2.66 Battle-Worn Robot Money Furnace x 9 (~0.22 ref ea.) :: 18 scrap = 2 Battle-Worn Robot Taunt Processor x 3 (~0.22 ref ea.) :: 6 scrap = 0.66 (5.33) Reinforced Robot Humor Suppression Pump x 5 (~0.11 ref ea.) :: 5 weps = 0.28 Cost to craft: ~5.83 ref :: actually 6.33, 6.44 if fabricator is included

~1 ref profit is fine for me, but maybe I should in fact start a shop for buying kits, parts, fabricators for cheap. I'll try out making a few fabricators first though.

What about hams/pans?

I see a lot of people use spec ks instead of prof ks, probably because they are so damn expensive. What I care about the most is how long does it take to sell these, will Team Shine sell a lot quicker?

It says the cost to craft is ~5.83 because it's pricing the parts at 2 scrap and 1 scrap each. However, it's very easy to get reinforced parts for a weapon each and buying battle-worn parts for 0.33 for 2 doesn't take much time. You will have to use TF2Outpost in order to buy your parts.

If you can get fabricators for those weapons, then that would be great. All-class weapons tend to go for a bit more than other weapons.

Team Shine would sell a bit quicker than Agonizing Emerald, but the time difference is negligible considering people mostly buy spec ks kits for use in crafting prof ks kits. There are some people that do use Spec KS because of why you stated. However, using a spec ks kit on a non-Unique weapon is usually a bad idea due to the previously mentioned reason.

I had a old spreadsheet a while ago on my home PC for this, found Ambassador is the best as far as profit for deman goes.

Price crashed - in a new crate.

I have to run TF2 in DX8 (because graphics card is crap), which doesn't support phong shading (mat_phong), so no sheens show for me :( All of them will be tossed on the market.

Thanks for the advice.

Alright, thanks.

Is making a trade on outpost sufficient enough or should I look for buyers?

Eh... it really depends on what. Stock wep kits can be sold not too hard on the SCM. Most other kits will likely sell better on Outpost. 

Anyways, it sucks that you gotta run TF2 on DirectX 8. 

Also, about all-class reskins, it depends. You could get 2 keys for the Pan or maybe the same for the Ham, but other than those, most likely a key. One-class reskins (Maul, Apoco-Fists, etc.) will be rather hard to sell (I have an Untradable Team Shine Maul, I would know...)

I have to run TF2 in DX8 (because graphics card is crap), which doesn't support phong shading (mat_phong), so no sheens show for me :(

If DX8 doesn't support mat_phong 1, then it must always be mat_phong 0 (dem logics). But I run DX9 (Does DX11 work in TF2 btw? I think it doesn't) with mat_phong 0 and I see all the sheens.

If DX8 doesn't support mat_phong 1, then it must always be mat_phong 0 (dem logics). But I run DX9 (Does DX11 work in TF2 btw? I think it doesn't) with mat_phong 0 and I see all the sheens.

DX8 simply doesn't have phong shading, running the game in DX8 won't change the value of mat_phong.

Archived