Wireless Mouse not connecting to computer

Punishment_Fatal

Hello everyone. I have a problem that's been bugging me for the last week. Anyways, here it is:

I have a Sony Vaio Notebook Computer (Model VPCEB3CFX) and I've been trying to connect my wireless mouse (Sony laser mouse: model VGPBMS10), and it hasn't been working out too well. Before I installed Motioninjoy on my computer, my mouse was connecting just fine, but now my computer won't recognize it at all. I'm 99% sure I removed all files related to Motioninjoy and my drivers say nothing's out of date, so I'm just wondering what I need to do. 

You can try this to perhaps purge your USB HID devices.

Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager then delete everything under Universal Serial Bus controllers. Reboot.

All the pertinent and important USB stuff will re-install automatically.

I have no idea what Motioninjoy is or what it installs or may leave behind after an uninstall. So Googling that might be a good option as well.

I'm assuming that you've clicked the reset/reconnect button on the mouse and disconnected and reconnected the wireless mouse USB dongle.

I have no idea what Motioninjoy is or what it installs or may leave behind after an uninstall.

Motioninjoy is basically a program that allowed you to use a Dualshock 3 controller on a PC with ease, though it now has infamous rep around it for giving a lot of malware. Anyways, I've pretty much deleted all the drivers related to the mouse except for the USB's so I guess I'll try that out.

There's plenty of Malware out there that can block USB access.

Have you run a MalwareBytes or Spytbot Search & Destroy scan?

If your confident you know what you're doing with your system files etc. you can also use HiJackThis. But be forewarned one misclick on the wrong item can render your system unbootable.

You can also just try a different USB port if you haven't already.  :)

I use a laser mouse that doesn't connect via USB.

It's perhaps wireless. That connects wirelessly to a USB dongle. That connects to a USB port.

I have a laser mouse. I will rule the world!

FACEPALM...

It's perhaps wireless. That connects wirelessly to a USB dongle. That connects to a USB port.

I have a laser mouse. I will rule the world!

FACEPALM...

Could be Bluetooth

Could be Bluetooth

Googled the mouse model and it is Bluetooth. My bad.

Uninstall and re-install the Bluetooth drivers/software and retry connecting the mouse.

Gah, tried uninstalling any driver that wasn't needed and re-installed it, and even that didn't work. I guess I'll just buy a new one.

Archived