SFM (small) Contest Round 3

andrew

2nd SFM Contest

1st SFM Contest

Winners Posted

n4aFIM8.png

Contest ends on Sept. 5, 8PM (Pacific Time)

Theme:

Lights, camera, Action! That's right, this contest's theme will be based of the craziest, heart pounding, and original artwork you can do with the best looking action mixed in.There are no guidelines to this one, so feel free to use Source to your desires. Though everyone knows big explosions are the easiest way to create a sense of action, drama shots can have the same effect. This contest won't  just be about giant fires and so on, but shots that send your mind spinning into imagination and are a pleasure to the eyes.

Judgeing will be based upon SFM skills, staying with the theme, and originality. Pieces of work with explosions and people running around looks cool, but I favor those who can take me away from just the surface and make me want more!

1st Place

Hostage - Sync

mrSRW9Y.jpg

2nd Place

nicerafi

ihvjtcs1E7H8o.png

3rd Place

Mannhattan: Die Bottierung - 9joao6

b805758b86.png

Honorable Mentions

Best Storyline
The Goodbye - Degonitz

Best Action
Slapping your name on every single c*nt-ass product of entertainment you get your cocky little hands on - Ificationer

Most Bad-Ass
[No title] - seenee

Most Creative
Vivat Regina - uberchain

Most Dramatic
Dark Fortress: Demoknight Artorias - Hyper

Really great entries this round guys, the best i've seen yet! Would have loved to give everyone something for their effort, but I have limited supplies.

Enough words, what can I win?

There will be 3 places and prizes are as follows:

1st: Unusual Outdoorsman KaW

2nd: 3 Pink Paint cans + Strange Festive Axtinguisher (Critical kills attached)

3rd: Essential Accesories

Important: I will also be giving out honorable mention prizes for those who really excelled at style, creativity, or overall greatness. So you can always win something even if you didn't recieve 1st, 2nd, or 3rd!

Those who are selected for whatever reason I see fit will get to pick from a selection (first come first serve),once announced, off the following list:

Sanctum 2

Hotline Miami

Dishonored

Monaco: What's yours is mine

Risk of Rain

Entries List____________

seenee

[No title]

Youmu Kompaktu

Standoff

Kissa Miau

Le My Entry

Lywa

Death from above

Alex From Security

Lights, Camera, SAXTON HAAAAAAALE

Ificationer

Slapping your name on every single c*nt-ass product of entertainment you get your cocky little hands on

9joao6

Mannhattan: Die Bottierung

Elgo

Cool guys don't look at explosions

Hyper

Dark Fortress: Demoknight Artorias

erts

[No title]

UndrePressure

Get out of my lab Pot Pot!

Degonitz

The Goodbye

Kevin The Chicken God

pyro 2spooky

nicerafi

[No Title]

uberchain

Vivat Regina

Procaine

The Great Australium Robbery

¬°BurningKirby

Titanium Dealer of Punishment

SquidCubed

Protect And Serve

face

Skydiving

Homsar

Last Stand

Mr. Newt_

[No Title]

Sync.

Hostage

Rules:

1. Only original NEW content

2. All work must be signed by the artist (you)

3. You may only submit one final result, but may change your work

Ban List:

swaveboard SKREECH)))

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think photoshop shouldn't be allowed.

Photoshop will be allowed for now, outlawing outside program use besides SFM doesn't seem right. Sorry to say, but if people want to put some extra work into their pieces I am fine with it.

"small"

first prize: kaw outdoorsman

It was a recent unbox and I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Also as an fyi I am doubleing the time from the usual contest dates and advertising a whole lot more, hoping to make this one of the best contests so far :D

Here's my entry. More dramatic than actiony, but I like it! I call it Standoff.

2GXJBTA.png

I never sign my work, but if it's needed, I can. :>

This a placeholder for now, I'll upload a better version later. Its my first shot at serious photoshopping. Lots of details were brushed off without any effort as you can probably see. But I'm happy of how it looks from a smaller resolution/distance  :D

It is massively edited, so I think I'll upload the raw sfm version as well soon.

I tried to go with minimum explosions and more feel of intense action.

It will be known as "Slapping your name on every single c*nt-ass product of entertainment you get your cocky little hands on"

DBxwA4O.png?1

Well this was a whole lot of fun to make. I experimented with basically everything I wasn't sure how to create, such as particles that spawn from models, so this is basically how the final product looks like.

I'm not sure if the watermark is a thing I should add or not, so I added it in case it is in fact a requirement.

'Mannhattan: Die Bottierung'

b805758b86.png

Well this was a whole lot of fun to make. I experimented with basically everything I wasn't sure how to create, such as particles that spawn from models, so this is basically how the final product looks like.

I'm not sure if the watermark is a thing I should add or not, so I added it in case it is in fact a requirement.

'Mannhattan: Die Bottierung'

b805758b86.png

Thats really nice! Where did you get the dark map version of that map?

Hey guys, it's only a couple days in and we have a great turnout with grade-A content! (Personally I am very excited at the level of skill shown in this contest)

As a reward for fast turnout, I am releasing the "special select prizes" list that the five chosen will be able to pick from. This can be found on the first page, in the prizes section.

Keep up the good work!

Archived