TF2/Dota 2 IRL Goodies

JCapps

Remember the spycrab? Well the same person made all of these other great stuffz:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982405877/myworkshopfiles/?section=merchandise

Look! You can have a max head like Puddington!These of course are not for sale yet as there they are not accepted merchandise. You can help change that though! Every like/favorite helps these items move 1 step closer to the valve store!

Why are you endorsing this person?

How did you even find out about this?

Besides the fact that having IRL game goodies is awesome, there is another reason. If you took a look at the list of items already, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about already. Indeed, the same person that made all this great stuff made the same houwar that you see in my profile picture, so I have no reason not to support her. c:

Since Valve is...Valve...they will most likely have a promo item to go with these. So then, you can have a Genuine Max head or a Genuine Houwar!  :D ..... :) ..... :mellow: ..... :blink: Uh oh...For those who are on the same page with me, you'll know the reason for the "Uh oh." This is the only issue. To those who understand, is there a better solution? Leave a suggestion if you have any. It would be much appreciated.

Side notes:

-I didn't know which forum to put this in, since it has to do with tf2/dota 2 and actual merchandise.

-That is not me in the houwar picture. I believe that is her husband.

-Saving spycrabs still helps the cause.  :P

thanks for giving me early notice of dis topic.

Also, genuine max heads and genuine houwars are what made me go O_0. Valve will probrably do something else, however.

Also, genuine max heads and genuine houwars are what made me go O_0. Valve will probrably do something else, however.

If they don't see this potential disaster, then we all gotta let them know pronto.

I believe this person has an Etsy store, while we're waiting for them to go official?
I know I've seen that max online before somewhere, and not just in Karam's old avatar :3

I believe this person has an Etsy store, while we're waiting for them to go official?

I know I've seen that max online before somewhere, and not just in Karam's old avatar :3

Yes, she did. She took the max down there since It wouldn't make sense to sell them in 2 different places.

If they don't see this potential disaster, then we all gotta let them know pronto.

All right, list em now.

strange Grenade launcher

Headshot kills

Killstreak kits.

EQUALIZER

PAIN TRAIN

SYDNEY SLEEPER

Valve decides on whether or not they are going to re-release an item, not the virtual economy. Besides, all they would need to do is make them non tradeable and non giftable.

Yes, she did. She took the max down there since It wouldn't make sense to sell them in 2 different places.

...That sounds like it'd make perfect sense, maximising your appeal, widening your public, etc etc.

I suspect, however, that Valve has some sort of stipulation against it once you apply to make official merch :P

All right, list em now.

strange Grenade launcher

Headshot kills

Killstreak kits.

EQUALIZER

PAIN TRAIN

SYDNEY SLEEPER

Valve decides on whether or not they are going to re-release an item, not the virtual economy. Besides, all they would need to do is make them non tradeable and non giftable.

None of those are promos.

Even if they make it untradable/ungiftwrappable, why pay $110 for a max head when you can just buy a real one and a virtual one for, let's say, $40? For those who want a max head just for looks, then this is a much cheaper alternative, putting a good chunk of max head sellers at risk.

Valve has never redistributed promos, they appear to understand quite what a crime against the economy that would be.
My guess would be that these won't come with promos. Contributors are designing their own, from what I've seen.

Valve has never redistributed promos, they appear to understand quite what a crime against the economy that would be.

My guess would be that these won't come with promos. Contributors are designing their own, from what I've seen.

The lugermorph was re-released. That pretty much made the luger and big kill not "pure" anymore.

Not including a promo would seem to be the best idea, but with things like the action figures getting promos, not giving a promo with these items seems a bit odd.

The lugermorph was re-released. That pretty much made the luger and big kill not "pure" anymore.

Not including a promo would seem to be the best idea, but with things like the action figures getting promos, not giving a promo with these items seems a bit odd.

The Lugermorph is the ONLY exception to the rule.

The action figures weren't community submitted, they're inherently Valve's merchandise, so Valve has no issue putting MORE of their own merchandise with it.

But with community submissions, they're likely to be a little more protective of their property, I would think.

But, as you say, it remains to be seen. I hope for you and your HOUWAR's sake I'm right XD

You know what? I would actually love a genuine HOUWAR. Fuck the collections by others, I wanna cool and cheaper hat.

Archived