Every Single Unpriced/Outdated Unusual [Updated 2015-12-30]

cares

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93172108/tf2/unusuals.html

This list contains every single unpriced or outdated unusual which exists according to stats.tf. "Outdated" is backpack.tf's definition of outdated (3 months), same as what you would see on an unusual's page in the unusual pricelist.

It starts with an index of all unusuals sorted by class and release date. You can click on an entry to scroll to it (plus a permalink). u/p is unpriced, o/d is outdated.

Each entry contains a table for unpriced an outdated. The effect's name links to the backpack.tf page (use this to price the item and look for any previous items). It is sorted by how many exist and the last update time (for ties). The amount that exist is a permalink to the entry on the page, use it to share with people.

Feeling lucky? You get directed to a random unpriced or outdated unusual by clicking on the appropriate buttons in the header. You can also go to the week's diff this way.

Likewise in the diff view, you can get a random new unpriced or outdated unusual. Links are provided to the unusual's backpack.tf, entry in the unpriced/outdated list, and specific effect's pages.

It's not always up to date, however I will try to update this every week because new hats are unboxed, and prices are updated quite rapidly, done on request now.

As the list is generated, I will ignore anyone asking for a hat to be removed from the outdated/unpriced list as the only copy is in a collector's backpack or whatnot. You'll never know when it sells, anyway. I can't do much about missing/incorrect entries either, if they aren't a result of an outdated list.

Happy pricing!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As requested, click here to go to a totally random unusual's stats page. It might not even be known to stats.tf or exist at all! More information here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, March 9, 2015 - No reason given

Both my unusuals are on the list. Do not know if that is a bad thing or a good thing. XD

If I could like this 10 times, I would.

Well done & thanks for doing this! :)

That's pretty damn clever ^^

Both my unusuals are on the list. Do not know if that is a bad thing or a good thing. XD

Maybe someone will (re)price them now!

If I could like this 10 times, I would.

Well done & thanks for doing this! :)

You're welcome :)

I have no idea why you wasted your time to generate it. Up to date list: http://backpack.tf/unusuals

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/17047-sorting-unusuals-from-most-outdated-updated/

I did it mostly as a thing for the unusual pricing event so people have an easy way of finding something worth updating quickly. Or as a way of getting a pseudorandom unusual to price.

I'll try to do a basic HTML redesign soon so it's a bit easier to use, for now this'll do it.

An unusual's price can be correct after 3 years if they sold for that price, and can be invalid after 1 month if it went down. Rare effects were updated years ago, but it's hard to find sales. Still useless. :D There're 5000+ unusuals they can update, just choose one.

An unusual's price can be correct after 3 years if they sold for that price, and can be invalid after 1 month if it went down. Rare effects were updated years ago, but it's hard to find sales. Still useless. :D There're 5000+ unusuals they can update, just choose one.

Well aren't you a barrel-full of sunshine.

Getting all the outdated unusuals in one place is useful. Can see if there's a glut of one hat or effect, and it's REALLY useful for getting to hat with no priced effects at all. The Combustible Kabuto, for example.

And your examples only apply in anomalous cases, not to the vast majority of prices. (And we've only been pricing unusuals for two years so your first point remains to be seen.)

Well, use it if you want.

I shall do. As will everyone participating in the unusual pricing event, this very list was requested for that very purpose.

Btw the list like the bp.tf unusual list is missing tipped lids (currently none have a price)

Btw the list like the bp.tf unusual list is missing tipped lids (currently none have a price)

This links to the Disco Beat Down one:

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Tipped%20Lid/Tradable/Craftable/62

You can replace the 62 with another particle id, they are tagged in the .txt file if you're looking for them.

If the unusual list on the site doesn't have it, neither will this.

This links to the Disco Beat Down one:

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Tipped%20Lid/Tradable/Craftable/62

You can replace the 62 with another particle id, they are tagged in the .txt file if you're looking for them.

If the unusual list on the site doesn't have it, neither will this.

I can find them much easier since I actually own an unusual tipped lid but I was just pointing it out. 

Antlers are now a misc! Coincidence that I chose it as an example?

Edit: I chose it as an example before the update.

Thanks man, will help a lot

Weekly update & complete redesign. The file is now an html file clocking in at about 1.6 MB with a table of contents and several navigation improvements, including multiple levels of sorting (making it easier to price unusuals which aren't 1/1 or otherwise very rare), such as by price, by class, and by total existence. It's a static page for now but I might add some scripting for search to it later. Check it out!

I tried my best to make it look bearable, web design isn't my strong point  :)

Thanks for the work so far. Just a suggestion that could make this even better is instead of linking us to the item stats page, a link that sends us to the outpost page of the item would be even better.

Thanks for the work so far. Just a suggestion that could make this even better is instead of linking us to the item stats page, a link that sends us to the outpost page of the item would be even better.

Outpost is a mess to deal with and requires some scripting to even make a search. If I add this it'll be in the filter/sort update.

Attention Unusual Pricers:

Believe or not, prices of most unusuals (~55% at the time of this thread) are potentially misleading. There are 8965 Unusual / Effects in existance many of which (4909) are outdated (last suggestion was more than 3 months ago) and 3099 (~35%) of them are 5 months or older. If you are keen on updating unusual prices, here's something for you:

I've compiled a list of Unusual Hats that have not been updated in the past 5 months to help you out. I think people should focus more on updating these hats.

I believe this is for everyone's benefit, as well as my bot's (if you're wondering why I am doing this). I will update this list every month (or more frequently, if I have the time).

Click here for the xlsx file (Last Update:  1/1/2015)

The dates are color coded - Red: Ancient, Yellow: Very Old, Green: Old

Feel free to choose from this list of hats and show off your talents for pricing them. It would make more sense to focus on reds first, then yellows, then greens, but all of these are outdated, so it's up to you.

Pro Tip: Hit CTRL+F on your keyboard to search for hats / effects.

Please spread the word by including a link to this thread in your suggestions. From my experience, most people don't even check the forums, but this list can be very useful to some.

I am also planning to make a spreadsheet for outliers, i.e. possibly incorrectly priced hats, sometime in the future.

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 1, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 1, 2014 - No reason given

Thread has been already made m8.

You are so l8.

Thread has been already made m8.

You are so l8.

Can you please give me a link?

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/17120-every-single-unpricedoutdated-unusual-updated-2014-08-27/

Also, opening with 'current suggestions are not good' isn't going to earn you any friends.
Yes, we have a lot of outdated prices, but there's only a few of us that price unusuals and we're doing the best we can.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/17120-every-single-unpricedoutdated-unusual-updated-2014-08-27/

Also, opening with 'current suggestions are not good' isn't going to earn you any friends.

Yes, we have a lot of outdated prices, but there's only a few of us that price unusuals and we're doing the best we can.

Thanks for the link. Looks like someone beat me to it, that list is in fact more comprehensive. However, it's also too complicated. The list I made provides a very simple & comprehensible way of identifying the hats that need more attention.

My intention here is to raise people's attention to the subject, that's why I used a strong language. I am also not doing this to earn friends, I'm trying to help keep the prices updated.

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 1, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, September 1, 2014 - No reason given

Thanks for the link. Looks like someone beat me to it, that list is in fact more comprehensive. However, it's also too complicated. The list I made provides a very simple & comprehensible way of identifying the hats that need more attention.

My intention here is to raise people's attention to the subject, that's why I used a strong language. I am also not doing this to earn friends, I'm trying to help keep the prices updated.

If you wanna keep the prices updated, how about you update some prices. Last thing we need is someone who thinks they can tell us how to do our job.