How did this guy do it?

aaroncsn

http://i.imgur.com/xC1jAyu.png <- The trade

http://i.imgur.com/W8nOojb.png <- Inventory

http://i.imgur.com/YEnvqKa.png <- Chat

This guys added me and wanted to trade unusuals. When i went to his inventory, he has 0 items in it. When i told him that it looks fishy, he deleted me as a friend.

My question is, how was he able to place an unusual into the trade when his steam inventory showed that he has 0 items? Was it really a steam bug?

Just private backpack. He tried to sell me the same hat. No biggy.

That is what i thought at first but i recall that if an inventory is private, wouldn't it have showed a message along the lines "This user's inventory is private bla bla " and not "xxx currently has 0 items in his inventory"

Chocolate is right, his inventory is private. The message on the screenshot is indeed the default message for private backpacks. No idea why.

That is what i thought at first but i recall that if an inventory is private, wouldn't it have showed a message along the lines "This user's inventory is private bla bla " and not "xxx currently has 0 items in his inventory"

Privated my alt's inventory to craft some Collector's/rename/redesc and retain 1-man history:

EV8qjJf.jpg

No Thats what happens. My friend has a private inventory and Every time I forget its private and check it the same message comes up.

Nevermind that, why is your 'never tell your password' and 'X is now offline' in ALL CAPS?
WHY DOES STEAM FEEL THE NEED TO SHOUT AT YOU?

Nevermind that, why is your 'never tell your password' and 'X is now offline' in ALL CAPS?

WHY DOES STEAM FEEL THE NEED TO SHOUT AT YOU?

Beats me. I thought that it would've been the same for everyone? Is it not or am i special? XD

Privated my alt's inventory to craft some Collector's/rename/redesc and retain 1-man history:

EV8qjJf.jpg

Thanks for clarifying it.

The same guy tried to do this to me a while back, when you say "yes" to him, he asks you to add and swaps the harvest with a steaming ballcap or something. Just a quickswitcher.

The same guy tried to do this to me a while back, when you say "yes" to him, he asks you to add and swaps the harvest with a steaming ballcap or something. Just a quickswitcher.

He's just got a private backpack, that's all. Don'at make assumptions like that.

Archived