Detailed Recent Backpack Value Change History

CSn_Zelda

Greetings, Backpack.tf forums. My name is Zelda, and I have a concern. Since July 16th, the value of my backpack has been slowly depreceating, even though I am actively playing the game and getting most (if not all) of my 10 hours of drops per week (even found a hat yesterday :D). Now, before you say "Oh well Zelda you're probably just that bad at trading", let me tell you that I have not been trading at all. July 16 was about the time that I stopped, after "recovering" from crafting bread boxes (which went successfully).

I know that the cause of this depreciation has to be some items that I have (duh). However, I don't know which ones. It would take too long to look through each of my items' individual price histories to figure it out. Which brings me to why I'm here on the suggestions forum. I would like to propose a feature that will display the recent changes to the items that you have in your backpack, side-by-side, so that you can better decide what items you should keep, what items you should trade away ASAP, or just why your backpack has dropped 40 dollars in a month with no sign of stopping when you've gained 50 drops.

Maybe this already exists and I'm just dumb, in which case I would appreciate somebody pointing it out to me. I figure that this shouldn't be too hard to pull off, since each item's price changes are tracked on their stats pages anyway. Here, have some Java-ish pseudocode:

for (item : getBackpackItems().removeDuplicates().getOnlyWithPrice()) {
    display(item + item.getLastPriceChange() + item.getPriceGraph(Period.OneMonth));
    nextLine();
}

That's actually a pretty cool feature. Personally, I just watch the suggestions and keep an eye on my items to decide what to keep or trade. I would love to see which this implemented.

I would be doing that too, if I was super-active in the trade community (and I did do it a bit back when I was). This suggestion is intended more for people checking in every once in a while (which could be a few days, could be a few months), but constant traders could make use of it as well.

I feel like the reason is closer to: since keys went down recently, everthing that had it's price based on a key value lost metal / money value.

Archived