Rick Perry  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Did he do wrong?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should he be convicted?

• Yes
    • No

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/19/texas-gov-perry-arrives-for-booking-on-two-felony-charges/20949414/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D517601 

as we should almost all know, Rick Perry, the Texas governor was indicted on 2 felony counts of abuse of power. What are your personal opinions on the case. 

The one thing I find wrong is the fact that he is using state money (ie taxpayers money) to pay for his own expensive ($450/hr afaik)

post below and/or answer the poll

Hell yah, that was wrong. Even if it wasn't/isn't illegal, it was wrong. Here's why:

It's a completely separate matter that should be dealt with separately.

As an elected official, he should do what he thinks is best for ze people. Which is to say, his veto should either be used in the relevant case, or not used. He's essentially selling his vote for the price of the other politician resigning. Yeah, it's all politics and whatnot, but still. He crossed some lines.

If there were some regular bureaucratic means to remove her from office, I am sure he would have done that.  That means what he did was, in the very least, unusual/extraordinary and possibly illegal.  What ever the legal structure is for removing a governing official from office, it likely does not include de-funding a function of a COUNTY government that she works for.  I personally hate how he is handing this.  I don't know if he will be found guilty of anything but I doubt it.  I will say that he will never be President.  He simply looks like an ass who doesn't take his position seriously.

I haven't cared much for him since the Gardasil bullshit he forced on Texas.

That vaccine was developed by Mereck, a company his family and lobbyists has (had?) stocks in, which is also a major campaign contributor. The moment he forced it into law the cash started rolling in.

I am in no way an anti-vaxxer, my son was vaccinated and will continue to be, but forcing a HPV vaccine on 11 year old girls that are not sexually active at $300+ a pop (requires 3 for full vaccination) when you stand to gain millions is total bullshit.

As for the current indictment he is facing, I haven't been keeping up with it nor what its about TBH. But it seems there's not a lot of evidence to go on, just hear-say. So I don't know.

Archived