Sorting Unusuals from Most outdated -> Updated.

aaroncsn

Not sure if this is doable but sorting unusuals based on when it was last updated will help unusual suggestors zoom in on which unusuals to update/focus on first.

The sequence could be

Most outdated unusuals -> Unpriced unusuals -> Updated unusuals or

Unpriced unusuals -> Most outdated unusuals -> Updated unusuals.

• Administrators

Not sure if this is doable but sorting unusuals based on when it was last updated will help unusual suggestors zoom in on which unusuals to update/focus on first.

The sequence could be

Most outdated unusuals -> Unpriced unusuals -> Updated unusuals or

Unpriced unusuals -> Most outdated unusuals -> Updated unusuals.

As far as I can recall this has been suggested before, dunno why Brad/Fiskie didn't implemented it yet. I highly support this.  :ph34r:

It'd be faulty because some unusuals still have a price, but no recorded suggestion from whence it came. Also the list doesn't need to be compiled by Brad or Fiskie. As far as I know, you could easily write a crawler in JavaScript, or some variant of C, to sift through the entire accepted suggestions and organize them from newest to oldest and then run a second script to sift out repeats and have the newest be the only remaining. In order to make sure you're only getting unusual hats, you'd just use key terms unique to unusual such as the list of all unusual effects.

It'd be a fairly rudimentary list, but nonetheless what you're asking for.

I also find the request pointless because there's not much you can do with it except see it for what it is. Some hats have old prices because they just haven't resurfaced on the market.

• Administrators

It'd be faulty because some unusuals still have a price, but no recorded suggestion from whence it came. Also the list doesn't need to be compiled by Brad or Fiskie. As far as I know, you could easily write a crawler in JavaScript, or some variant of C, to sift through the entire accepted suggestions and organize them from newest to oldest and then run a second script to sift out repeats and have the newest be the only remaining. In order to make sure you're only getting unusual hats, you'd just use key terms unique to unusual such as the list of all unusual effects.

It'd be a fairly rudimentary list, but nonetheless what you're asking for.

I also find the request pointless because there's not much you can do with it except see it for what it is. Some hats have old prices because they just haven't resurfaced on the market.

If you are talking about scripts...Then almost every suggestion made on this forum section could be made by your own made script. I don't see why you are disagreeing with this suggestion, it would help regular suggesters like aaroncsn, Gent and so on and so on... And no, I can give you lots of links where an unusual is outdated and are available on the market at the moment. He is suggesting as an option not a built in system that won't let you see otherwise, you can choose whether you want to see from newest to oldest outdated unusual or oldest to newest or keep it the way it is now. This would make it easier for suggester to quickly spot which unusual they can easily suggest on. It would also make it easier for people to see which are outdated and which isn't.  :ph34r:

I don't see how it is pointless when it could help both suggesters and people.

However, I agree that few unusual don't have any recorded suggestions.

Archived