TF2 wants to install again?

Pixelated

So, I played it last yesterday, perfectly fine. But today, I start up Steam, and in my library, TF2 is grayed out. I click on it, and the usual play game button has been replaced by the install button. It doesn't say it needs updates, and yes, I tried restarting Steam. I don't want to wait forever for it to install (though I may have to) and I'm a little unsure on what to do. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Did you delete the local files by accident? Did you launch any program that has access to files and can delete data (like CCleaner)?

This once happened to me and a program has simply deleted my TF2 folder

Did you delete the local files by accident? Did you launch any program that has access to files and can delete data (like CCleaner)?

Yes, actually I used CCleaner this morning, but I use it every week or two, and have for a long time and it's never done this before. And I haven't changed any settings with CCleaner or TF2.

Well, never mind everyone, you can lock this now. Pressed install after being told by a couple people that that was the best thing to do, and it took 5 minutes to install. everything works fine now. Thanks for the help!

Archived