Have temporary mods.

The Radiated Banana

I have an idea.

On weeks like now, when kaushu is away on holiday, bp.tf can hire/someone can volunteer to be a temporary mod for a few days/weeks/months. This can help reduce traffic due to inactive mods.

Also this can be done to test people like d0, to see if they are mod material, like a final test thing. Sort of a trial test in a way.

yeah i volunteer

hah

I'll volunteer to hand out the bans lol

No i mean like, just as normal mods get applications, you can make an application here: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/forum/10-price-moderator-applications/

eh, was just a thought, i think it will be useful when mods are inactive or to test someone. Temp mod doesnt even have to have the full powers, just to accept/reject suggestions

No i mean like, just as normal mods get applications, you can make an application here: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/forum/10-price-moderator-applications/

eh, was just a thought, i think it will be useful when mods are inactive or to test someone. Temp mod doesnt even have to have the full powers, just to accept/reject suggestions

ya i know wt u meant, was just being dum. 

ALOT of people would try to be a temporary mod, and that would cause alot more work, and half would not be able to be a mod at all.

I don't think this is anything the mods are interested in. Had a similar suggestion that I talked with Clever & polar about, Clever pointed out some things that made sense. Perhaps he can recap and post it here ^^

That would fuck you off if you applied to be a mod and brad comes up and says "Yeah we'd love you to be a mod!, but only when cleverpun goes on holiday, and he never leaves his house!"

Also this can be done to test people like d0, to see if they are mod material

I'm barely active at all here, and even I know d0 is miles from mod material. ;)

Also this can be done to test people like d0, to see if they are mod material, like a final test thing. Sort of a trial test in a way.

If they werent chosen already it's for a reason... I wouldnt like the idea of someone who isnt ready to be mod be pushed into a position of authority and potentially make mistakes :S

If they were going to hire a "temporary mod" might as well scout for an actual mod (I.e. asking some people who havent applied...etc)

Archived