2 TOD's = 1 key?

Mike Hawk

I've seen these types of trades all over outpost, and most claim they've sold some but i'm wondering if this is true? Because 2 tods = 7.33 ref if they're sold at their bp.tf price.

I mean if this IS true, this is a great profiting opportunity for the traders around my level (backpack worth ~ $40) 

>Buy TOD for $.99 each on Mann Co. Store, or 3.66 ref on OP

>Trade 2 TOD ($1.98 / 7.33) for a key

>Sell key for $2.18 on SCM, or sell for 8.11 ref.

>Repeat

>???
>Profit

(Apologize in advance if this stops all 2:1 trades of tods for keys) 

So I guess this thread is a question that (possibly) doubles as a tip for low traders.

Or you can buy keys for 1.80$ and save more per key than buying TOD tickets with cash. 

You can do the SCM thing

However, TOD tickets do not sell quickly when there isn't an event goin on so it isn't like you'll be selling as fast as you can restock. 

I've had several people buy 2 TODs for a key back when I had about 60 tickets. Out of the 60 I sold, maybe 5-7 were 2 for a key buyers. They can sell at that price, but it's not something that happens with great regularity. 

I've been able to sell ~30 2 for a key if I add a rec (which really isn't that much, but people care about it for some reason) fairly easily, its the cheapest way to turn steam wallet funds into keys with key prices the way they are on the scm.

Archived