What is the point of the thing where people can only vote no on a suggestion?

Laughing 'Can' 86

So I don't really get what the point of the thing where it disables the vote yes option on a suggestion and only allows you to vote no. It would say something like 'this vote already has enough yes votes, but you can still vote against the suggestion' but what I want to know is what's the point of that...? If a suggestion already has enough yes votes why is it not accepted?

So I don't really get what the point of the thing where it disables the vote yes option on a suggestion and only allows you to vote no. It would say something like 'this vote already has enough yes votes, but you can still vote against the suggestion' but what I want to know is what's the point of that...? If a suggestion already has enough yes votes why is it not accepted?

I want unusuals to be 1 ref, everyone wants, 10000 upvotes.

Not good, right?

but if that were the reason then the mods would just close the suggestion like they do with all troll suggestions, this seems to happen on perfectly normal suggestions

Agreed, when the number of votes hits the cap, then no more votes should be counted period, not only for one or the other. 

I want unusuals to be 1 ref, everyone wants, 10000 upvotes.

Not good, right?

He has a point, what's the point of the restriction?

There might be a restriction on the number of no votes as well.

And the site is coded in a way that when it hits the limit you can't add your vote to the counter anymore. So, its not really a problem that says start voting only "no."

Reason why is isn't already accepted is because decision falls on the moderating team. 

I've never really understood the need for a vote cap at all (other than maybe storing the number in a database somewhere but that's above the total tf2 population most likely). 

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really understood the need for a vote cap at all (other than maybe storing the number in a database somewhere but that's above the total tf2 population most likely). 

I think the main issue with the somewhat low cap is that to a lot of newer players they see it as a form of manipulation eg a suggestion lowering keys and I can't upvote it? and immediately jump to conclusions :S

Think increasing the cap shouldnt be that hard...

Archived