Steam is Dying on Me :(

Pwndaz!

Forenote: I have a Mac. (Incoming hate, I know it)

So for the last 2 days...

1. Steam won't load a single page in the application, however, I can load Steam pages in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

2. Steam says my "Overlay isn't Enabled", although it is, and I made sure of that.

3. I cannot trade whatsoever. I have to use trade offers and access them via Steam in another browser.

Any help is appreciated, however I have restarted Steam, I have restarted my computer, and I have reset my internet.

I had that problem as well, and I'm running Window 7 64bit.

However my problem was fixed simply by restarting Steam after an update. Perhaps try reinstalling Steam and seeing if the problem continues?

I had that problem as well, and I'm running Window 7 64bit.

However my problem was fixed simply by restarting Steam after an update. Perhaps try reinstalling Steam and seeing if the problem continues?

Now if I reinstall it, do I have to reinstall all my games too? ;~;

Now if I reinstall it, do I have to reinstall all my games too? ;~;

I think so, since it deletes all the files. However I do believe that if you move the "Steamapps" folder out of the Steam folder you may be able to save your games and files.

I have not tested this myself so do it at your own risk.

I think so, since it deletes all the files. However I do believe that if you move the "Steamapps" folder out of the Steam folder you may be able to save your games and files.

I have not tested this myself so do it at your own risk.

*sigh* I'll use this as a last resort then. Thanks for the help though, it's much appreciated.

I had this problem in >10.7 OS X went away when i upgraded to mavs. Not sure if its the same issue but similar problems. Are you running mavs or earlier version?

Can you run the steam app via terminal and post the text when trying to load a page?

I had this problem in >10.7 OS X went away when i upgraded to mavs. Not sure if its the same issue but similar problems. Are you running mavs or earlier version?

Can you run the steam app via terminal and post the text when trying to load a page?

Yeah, I'm running Mavericks.

No idea what you're talking about on the second line xD

Yeah, I'm running Mavericks.

No idea what you're talking about on the second line xD

Open up terminal

Run Steam via Terminal

Trying to open a page using Steam via Terminal

Open up terminal

Run Steam via Terminal

Trying to open a page using Steam via Terminal

What's the command to run steam?

What's the command to run steam?

I don't own a Mac, but if it's anything similar to CMD, just go to the directory where Steam.exe is located an type in "steam.exe" and it should run.

Again, I don't own a Mac so this might nto work at all.

cd to the steam app directory

via terminal './steam.sh' - no quotes (or whatever the .sh for steam is) cant remember off hand.

Archived