Was this a scammer?

face

So i had a trade listing up in outpost where i was looking for quicksell unusuals at around a bud. after i bump my trade, i get added by this guy

http://steamcommunity.com/id/medwakhsmoker

His profile raised all kinds of red flags, btu since some time had passed after my bumping the trade, idecided to give this guy a shot. He invites me to trade as soon as i accept his friend request. This is the chat after i refused

Never tell your password to anyone.
That Useless Teammate: .
Sobolo #Tourney: hi
Sobolo #Tourney: im selling quick sell
That Useless Teammate: ah , i was suspicious if you were a bot
That Useless Teammate: which one
Sobolo #Tourney: acccept trade i show you
That Useless Teammate: you can tell me.
That Useless Teammate: your inventory is private, so..
Sobolo #Tourney: hard counter
Sobolo #Tourney: W/ scorching
That Useless Teammate: i'll need to check the item history and all. i cant just trade like that
Sobolo #Tourney: ok i found another buyer
Sobolo #Tourney: bye
That Useless Teammate: fine
Sobolo #Tourney is now Offline.

Did i miss a very good deal? Or did i escape buying from a scammer who might've gotten the unusual through unethical means? Can someone shed some light on this?

Edit: checked out his page in steamrep... has a shitton of friends who have banned friends.. this is possibly an alt of a scammer right?

14 hours on tf2, 3 games, not even the 1 year badge.

What do you think?

Yeah but rich traders could just have alts, right?...... right?

Think of it like this:

If it was a scammer(Probably was, in my opinion) you saved yourself the trouble.

If it wasn't a scammer, why worry over it? How can you miss something you never had? 

Edit; I didn't understand the situation fully til I re-read it. It may have been a scammer. Or he could have had hijacked items. Or maybe he didn't want you to know it was duped.

• Administrators

So i had a trade listing up in outpost where i was looking for quicksell unusuals at around a bud. after i bump my trade, i get added by this guy

Pretty obvious that he is either one of the thousands alt of a hijacker or he is one of them scammers/alt of scammer. The person was definitely in the red flag zone my man.  B)

A legit person would not mind opening up his/her private backpack for the buyer if he/she have nothing to hide.

Archived