SCM is not valid proof.

❤ΣκαπανέαςGr❤

make scm valid proof for marketable items -15% of what it sold in scm and there you go we got ourselfs a very convinient tool for price suggestions.

When ppl say scm is not a valid proof my ears get steaming i am spending more money in scm than all the other markets together!!!

admins and mods must change that rule now and is still late.

The thing is though that SCM is not always as consistent as the normal market is. I've seen some items that sell for $5 on the market yet struggle to sell for a key normally.

The thing is though that SCM is not always as consistent as the normal market is. I've seen some items that sell for $5 on the market yet struggle to sell for a key normally.

so true

make scm valid proof for marketable items -15% of what it sold in scm and there you go we got ourselfs a very convinient tool for price suggestions.

When ppl say scm is not a valid proof my ears get steaming i am spending more money in scm than all the other markets together!!!

admins and mods must change that rule now and is still late.

The SCM is like the CS:GO economy. It's unstable and inconsistent as shit.

SCM is generally not considered as valid proof because item values differ from the SCM and their in-game value. For example:

Strange Construction PDA

http://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Construction%20PDA/Tradable/Craftable ~8 keys

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange%20Construction%20PDA Easily sells at ~$21, which gives ~$18 after fees.

If you sold 8 Keys on the SCM right now, you'd get ~$17, and that's when keys are at their highest.

If you buy a Strange Construction PDA for 8 keys and sell that on the SCM, you'd get ~$18, more than what you'd get than selling the keys separately.

As you can see, the Strange Construction PDA is worth more on the SCM than in-game. While this may not apply to some items, most items are generally worth more or less on the SCM than their in-game value.

SCM is generally not considered as valid proof because item values differ from the SCM and their in-game value. For example:

Strange Construction PDA

http://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Construction%20PDA/Tradable/Craftable ~8 keys

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange%20Construction%20PDA Easily sells at ~$21, which gives ~$18 after fees.

If you sold 8 Keys on the SCM right now, you'd get ~$17, and that's when keys are at their highest.

If you buy a Strange Construction PDA for 8 keys and sell that on the SCM, you'd get ~$18, more than what you'd get than selling the keys separately.

As you can see, the Strange Construction PDA is worth more on the SCM than in-game. While this may not apply to some items, most items are generally worth more or less on the SCM than their in-game value.

everything worth a bit more in scm thats why i only trade for marketable items.

but its due to bp.tf not able to follow the market prices that this occur.and not the other way around.

everything worth a bit more in scm thats why i only trade for marketable items.

Ok, thanks for sharing. Now back to relevant information...

but its due to bp.tf not able to follow the market prices that this occur.and not the other way around.

backpack.tf prices items based on what people are paying for them in terms of metal, keys, and other currencies; not for what it's selling for on the SCM. Take Strange weapons for example. Strange weapons have had in-game value for a long time on backpack.tf, long before they were able to be sold on the market. Therefore, your argument that backpack.tf can't follow market prices is invalid.

Unless by "market" you meant people buying and selling items for metal, keys and other currencies; not the Steam Community Market.

But that would be an entirely different story already addressed by cleverpun.

Or maybe I'm misinterpreting your words. In that case could you please explain more clearly what you're trying to say?

I would agree to this to a certain extent, i believe the price of scm should be taken into account when it's price is actually lower than the in game price even when taking keys to be their full. Eg http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53c269754dd7b843638b4568 where the snack attack was readily available for 9-10usd yet was being priced to 5 keys and only went up in the scm when the suggestion reached the front page, which is why it's price suddenly shot up and then dipped shortly after.

The main argument for not using scm was that traditionally sales are a lot higher on the market due to the fact that a lot of users dont trade and just buy what's available however, in some cases the market can be a lot cheaper and thus should be taken into account.

Backpack listing a higher price when it's easily obtained for a cheaper ends with us leading the market rather than following making short jumps in price and then dropping down again.

EDIT: it was explained to me that scm and item trading is 2 very different things but in the end im not convinced.

another example would be the strongbox stranges, they are sold at very high prices on scm, for example the backstabbers boomslang going at almost double its value compared to the backpack value. Also some days there are 4 for sale, another day there are 10 for sale, the prices are very inconsistent.

meh. Backpack.tf is reporting of trade prices. SCM has it's own system for reporting the prices there. There isn't really a need to combine the two. Occasionally arbitrage opportunities will arise due to the markets being semi-separate. 

If SCM would be valid proof then we could pretty much remove all marketable items and convert the cheapest/recent sales of the items into ref/metal/buds.

SCM & in-game trading is 2 different things. Some people can't spend money and wont get access to SCM. Harder to bookmark/check for the cheapest sellers compared to sites like TF2OP & Bazaar. I don't see why SCM should be used as proof (unless mini's). If you think SCM should be used as proof, then just use SCM yourself.

Also we cannot see if there's potential fake buyers who just wanna increase the price, if scammers is involved in the purchase & many other stuff (mentioned in thread) that is different.

SCM as proof - Nope.

SCM as mini - Yes.

Archived