Whats your pyro's weapon loadout?

WakeUpFever

Degreaser, RESERVE SHOOTER/Scorch Shot (depending on if there's a good enemy pyro), and the Powerjack.

I do change it up every now and then, though.

diggreathur

flare (crits damage of 90 really op) / maybe scorch if you just wanna ignite enemies

powahjack

\(à¹Ì¯à¹)/

Competitve Loadout

Degreaser, Reserve shooter (That shit is broken as hell paired with degreaser) and Powerjack.

Literally easiest combo. Airblast in air, pop them with the reserve shooter. Shotgun (Reserve shooter) is much, much more reliable than flare gun in my opinion. No derpy pyro fights, and landing a solid 100 makes me love the reserve shooter. Also spycicle spies can't be affected by fire (for a time), but the shotgun can take care of them and not let them escape. The powejack is for getting on the battefield quick, and escaping.

Fun loadout

Backburner, detonator, powerjack.

This combo is straight up ambushing. Use the detonator to jump up in a nice flank spot and backburn the hell out of everyone. You can also det jump to little ambush spots over people, and then jump down on them with the backburner. It's so much fun.

On a side note, I would not recommend running backbunrer + axthinguisher. The backburner basically does the axtinguisher's job after the nerf (Axtinguisher only crits on the back)

Degreaser, Reserve/Flare, Homewrecker

Degreaser, Rescue Ranger/Scorch Shot (depending on if there's a good enemy pyro), and the Powerjack.

Teach me how to use an Engie primary as a Pyro secondary.

Competitve Loadout

Degreaser, Reserve shooter (That shit is broken as hell paired with degreaser) and Powerjack.

Literally easiest combo. Airblast in air, pop them with the reserve shooter. Shotgun (Reserve shooter) is much, much more reliable than flare gun in my opinion. No derpy pyro fights, and landing a solid 100 makes me love the reserve shooter. Also spycicle spies can't be affected by fire (for a time), but the shotgun can take care of them and not let them escape. The powejack is for getting on the battefield quick, and escaping.

Fun loadout

Backburner, detonator, powerjack.

This combo is straight up ambushing. Use the detonator to jump up in a nice flank spot and backburn the hell out of everyone. You can also det jump to little ambush spots over people, and then jump down on them with the backburner. It's so much fun.

On a side note, I would not recommend running backbunrer + axthinguisher. The backburner basically does the axtinguisher's job after the nerf (Axtinguisher only crits on the back)

Do you think the backscratcher is better or is the pj better

The Powerjack blows the Back Scratcher away in a competitive environment.

The Powerjack blows the Back Scratcher away in a competitive environment.

Oh I've been told to use the backscratcher with the backburner since you hardly use anything besides the backburner when using the backburner.

Degreaser, Rescue Ranger/Scorch Shot (depending on if there's a good enemy pyro), and the Powerjack.

Rescue ranger? You dont mean reserve shooter?

Thats my loadout too XD

With your loadout it's perfectly fine to run either.

Like what your friend said, you will be mostly using backburner with that load out. 

Backscratcher will allow you to pick up more health from health packs, which is a huge plus for this load out. You will be running around flanking people, or will be deep in enemy territory, so a medic will defiantly not be on you for most of your runs!

Power jack will just allow you to run faster to where you want to go, or make a quick escape. Careful because when you hold the powerjack out, you take more damage.

In both situations, I would never be using either melee for attack. Just stick to ambushing with the backburner.

Rescue ranger? You dont mean reserve shooter?

Thats my loadout too XD

yes, I have indeed managed to be an engy while remaining a pyro

Archived