Friends or Siblings ?

Karam

No one can deny importance of Mom and Dad .. but siblings (brothers and sisters) aren't always what we look for in someone to live most of our life with.

So .. what is more important .. really close friends or siblings?

You can replace both with technology. Look how i ended up.

timthumb.php.jpg

Back to the discussion, siblings in my opinion are more important. 

Oof, that's quite a big question. A bit weird to answer too.

I don't really have any "real" brothers or sisters, just "half" and "step" ones, so maybe I shouldn't even be answering this.

Still, friends have helped me through some tough situations and it would be really tough to say that I would still be who I am today without their influence.

I would be surprised if it was only me who felt this way. Think about all the things you own, your hobbies, just some of your favorite things to do in your pastime.

Chances are a lot of them came about through the influence of your friends. Possibly because you and them thought this or that was "cool"at one point or another.

Friends definitely have left a lasting impact on your life and helped to mold you into who you are today, so I would say they're hugely important.

On the other hand, whether sisters and brothers are related to you by blood or not, they're always there. Even if friends leave a large impact, they can come and go, no matter how close you were to them if you don't make the effort to keep them. To me growing up, I think my brother and sister sort of were my friends. Whether you like it or not, you're kind of forced to share everything with them and because of that, at the end of the day, they are somebody you can relate to. Somebody who you know has been through what you have, and not only that, but was likely alongside you when you experienced it yourself.

To give you an answer, although friends have left a much larger impact on me personally than siblings(as far as I can tell), I would have to say brothers and sisters are always there. They can't just come and go like friends can and do. You guys are stuck together, whether you like it or not. :P

You don't get to choose the family you are born into.  But, when siblings grow into adults, they have the choice to get along and support eachother or not.  At that point, I think a close trusted friend is not very different from a sibling.  That would also depend on the kind of friends you have and also the kind of sibling(s) you have.  Friends can leave you, and you can leave friends, and one day you can also be put into a situation where you may have to turn your back on a sibling.  The choice is always there.  You can lose family.  Try to make the right choices.  If you have been blessed with siblings who are also your friends when you go into adulthood, don't take it for granted.  Appreciate it.  It's a gift.

Well my sister can be... Not a very nice person, to put it lightly.

And my friends don't whine if I don't take their side in something or complain when I do something different.

For me, it's obvious, but it really differs from person to person.

i dont have a good relationship with my brother .. i keep trying to fix it but no result .. my sisters and i have really good relationships tho .. i have some really really close friends that for me are more important than my brother .. so i would pick friends

Archived