Help on getting back a scammed hat?

Chewi105

Sadly no, valve does not return items unless you were hijacked by phishing. The reason to this being people may have there hat 'scammed' by a friend and then valve returns boom. Those two instantly profit.

If you report on steam depending on the scam method they may issue a trade ban or trade probation or nothing, it all depends on your evidence and how legit it looks of a scam.

If i cant get my hat back, ill make shure this cum-stain wont be able to logon to steam ever again. ill destroy any rep he had previously.

By any chance was it the "I need a proof" scammer (wants your friend to hold it for him in order to "give [him] a proof")?

How was it scammed?

I was an idiot. It was pretty complex. He gave me an offer i simply couldnt refuse. He asked me to trade my hat to a friend to check if it was duped. I did, then he changed his profile to match mine, and then he traded with my friend under the guise of my username. Wasnt my friends fault, neither he nor I saw it. Needless to say, the hat was only worth about 50 bucks, so im not too sad about the loss, but ill make shure this pieceashit pays, even if i have to track every op listing he ever makes. 

By any chance was it the "I need a proof" scammer (wants your friend to hold it for him in order to "give [him] a proof")?

You'd think with all the "GUISE NEW SCAM BE CARFUL!!!" threads people wouldn't fall for it by now.

Yuup. I was extremely stupid. The more ya know, i guess.

EDIT: if it helps, heres the backpack id: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198082883266 

Steer clear, kiddos, dont be stupid like me, dont do drugs, stay in school, eat your teeth.

I've added him for sillies. He has your hat right now.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Friday, 25 July 2014
3:58 PM - [G] [R] [L] [email protected]: ryven?
3:58 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: Yes.
3:58 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: You buy hat?
3:58 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: My turn? I hold you hat?
3:59 PM - [G] [R] [L] [email protected]: huh?
3:59 PM - [G] [R] [L] [email protected]: at?
3:59 PM - [G] [R] [L] [email protected]: wat?
4:00 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: wat?
4:01 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: Sell hat?
4:01 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: Buy hat?
4:02 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: No buy?
4:02 PM - Nanobalaclava is Next: You no fun this time.
4:02 PM - [G] [R] [L] [email protected] is now Offline.

This Ryven is either going to be your hat's next owner or is another victim who he's trying to scam right now.

This is gonna be fun. Its not even about getting my hat back. I just wanna mes with this guy. Can we keep this investigation/witchhunt going? Or is that against the rules somewhere?

This is gonna be fun. Its not even about getting my hat back. I just wanna mes with this guy. Can we keep this investigation/witchhunt going? Or is that against the rules somewhere?

tons of people have reported him, i doubt you'll get very far before he's banned.

This exact thing (same scam and everything) happened to me a while back with my secret to everybody rack, lost about 80% of my BP value, so i really feel you. Sadly, unless a later owner is a saint and will give it back to you, you'll just have to live with it and move on.

tons of people have reported him, i doubt you'll get very far before he's banned.

Seeing as how hes been reported a ton without repercussion so far, I think we can milk this for all its worth.

This exact thing (same scam and everything) happened to me a while back with my secret to everybody rack, lost about 80% of my BP value, so i really feel you. Sadly, unless a later owner is a saint and will give it back to you, you'll just have to live with it and move on.

Yea, ive moved on. I plan to buy another hat with pure and give up trading all together. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Yuup. I was extremely stupid. The more ya know, i guess.

EDIT: if it helps, heres the backpack id: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198082883266 

Steer clear, kiddos, dont be stupid like me, dont do drugs, stay in school, eat your teeth.

It should've been obvious that it was bullshit. Some guy added me trying to do that shit and I called him out on it and he deleted me in a second.

UPDATE: So, it ended up in the hands of an actual seller, who's selling for an affordable price. Looks like a happy ending's in store, i guess. 

I was an idiot. It was pretty complex. He gave me an offer i simply couldnt refuse. He asked me to trade my hat to a friend to check if it was duped. 

When someone highballs you and doesnt want a straight trade it should have raised a red flag. Not to mention why do you have to trade it to someone to see if it's duped? At least with the "middleman version" it's somewhat believable .___.

Archived