Tips to increase backpack value?

Euphoria

Hey, so I'm looking to up the value of my backpack and I was looking for tips as to how I go about doing this.

Please leave serious replies below, this is a genuine thread.

#100 POSTS

Good luck with that.  You're pretty much asking for people to dick around now.  

It's pretty obvious how to increase backpack value anyways, profit off of stuff.

It's a good idea to be good at trading

Buy for low, sell for high, rinse and repeat.

I'm not so good at that.

Good luck with that.  You're pretty much asking for people to dick around now.  

It's pretty obvious how to increase backpack value anyways, profit off of stuff.

pretty vague if you ask me mate.

"profit off of stuff."

how so?

what items do you use?

how do you avoid scammers?

boy you'd fail an exam in less than 3 seconds.

Vintage hats. I started dealing with them a few months ago. They're really easy to buy for half of the suggested backpack.tf values.

"profit off of stuff."

how so?

what items do you use?

Well you gave me no information to work with either.

I can't answer a question that has no content.

You could scrapbank and make weapon profit.  Backpack is still increasing in value.

You could flip hats for metal, make a rec or two profit.  Backpack is still increasing.

You could flip unusuals and make a few keys profit.  Backpack is still increasing.

If you don't want a general answer don't ask a general question.

"profit off of stuff."

how so?

what items do you use?

I just lowball on items with pure, people tend to be suckers for keys. I then resell the items for retail value and ask for overpay in items. Most of my profit comes from the overpay.

buy Paints,tools,Stranges and popular hats for less

Then sell them for more then you bought them for i made alot of profit buying these things

Hey, so I'm looking to up the value of my backpack and I was looking for tips as to how I go about doing this.

#100 POSTS

Bulk buy stuff

resell it

Flip paints

Dont unbox

Always ask for item overpay

No 3rdgen unusuals nvm lol

Be like me. Unbox a shitton. I pretty much only have what I have now because of unboxing decent unusuals and/or selling hats/sets to collectors for super high (to the point that I was making $100-200 per trade).

#100 POSTS

These are the guild lines I follow when trading.

Never buy stuff if you are not making a profit.

Always by for cheaper then the going price.

I look at the classifieds to get an idea of what things are going for. If I see a lot of people selling for less then backpack.tf price then I know the item is dropping.  So just know that just because an item is lower then backpack.tf price it may not be a good deal if everybody is selling for that price.

If you are not making at least a weapon profit or more in trade then it's not worth your time.

Never feel bad if someones tells you they just got scammed and want some free items, because most likely they will just get scammed again and it could be a lie.

Always have refined metal ready to trade.

Try to sell your items for metal instead of other items that you will have to resale again. 

Only accept overpaying in items and if they don't want to overpay in items just move on.

Only accept items without overpay if you think they will be easier to sell then the items you already have. 

I hardly ever use trade servers for trading because it's just 10 year olds trying to scam you and if you offer them a item they call you a scammer. (but sometimes there are good deal there)

When you are selling an item don't worry about backpack.tf price of the item, worry about how much metal you spent and how much you want to get back ( if a regular item does not sell in 5 days then your price is too high)

If you sell an item for more then backpack.tf price don't feel like a scammer because backpack.tf sets the price base of what you are able to sell for or not able to sell for.

Don't guess the price or killstreaks weapons, do this simple math to see how much you can resale it for on the market.

Say a killstreak weapons lowest price is $1.20 dollars then do 1.20 x 0.15 which = 0.18 now subtracted 0.18 from 1.20 which = 1.02 

So now you know you can get 1.02 from it, but what to buy? Well Tour of Duty tickets go for 0.99 cents in the mann.co store. so just pick one of those up and sell for 3.66 refined. (or save up for a key)

Never count the full value of a painted item when accepting it. ( I'm starting not to even accept half paint price)

Same with strange parts. If you do accept half the strange part value make sure the parts make sense, for example. Don't except a pain train with robots destroyed because nobody kills robots with the pain train, but a sticky bomb launcher with robots destroyed at half price would be fun.   

I hope this will help a bit  :)

Say a killstreak weapons lowest price is $1.20 dollars then do 1.20 x 0.15 which = 0.18 now subtracted 0.18 from 1.20 which = 1.02

Just a small time-saving tip: Multiply your values by 0.85. It'll save you the extra step of subtracting 0.15 from 1. You'll get the same answer as with your approach.

Archived