Need help - Paypal stuff.

n0thing

Hi recently i went to bank to ask for a card that i will receive after just a few days.

During these days i will like to sell some keys and buds for Paypal money.

I maked so far just 4 trades on paypal. Sold ~13 keys and luckily i was not charge-backed.

I have read the backpack.tf "Guide to paypal" trading and i understood some of the stuff.

I have just a few questions:

1.So far i have used this note:

I [Your Paypal Name] have already received ({Number} x Earbud/Keys, Quallity: Unique) on my steam account [Steam id 64] for the total amount of [Amount of Cash], 
This payment is for virtual items in the Steam game, Team Fortress 2,
I'm fully aware that I have authorized this Paypal transaction and I understand that this is a non-refundable transaction and I will not chargeback under any circumstances.

Does my note needs an upgrade? Do i need to change something or is it good.

2.Please tell me some crucial thing to watch for to lower the chance of getting chargebacked.

3.How do i know if the money that i have received have been sent as a gift?

#Sorry for my really bad english.

A paypal note doesn't do anything, trade with reputable traders to avoid getting chargedback (even if that means taking slightly less money).

What I do, is if I deem the person to be reputable, I'll ask them to copy their steamID64 (find it for them), this is to keep track of who you sold things to if something were to happen. Take any screenshots you want of things you think  are important to keep (especially if it's for a high value paypal trades).

When they send you money, make sure the steamID64 matches with what you gave them to copy onto their note

By reputable I mean:

- Tons of TF2 hours

- Lots of games

- High Steam level

- Has external (NOT Profile) rep (duh) make sure you check it urself, don't let them feed you links (if they do make sure the website isn't fake and they are indeed who they say they are)

- Has a high BP value (doesn't have to be too high but someone with a $3 bp of untradeable stuff will probably scam you)

- etc, etc, pretty sure there are tons of paypal guides out there and even on this site.

On your paypal recent transaction page, click on details, look on the bottom and it should say Instant transfer.

It's always good to ask someone who is experienced to help you with determining who to sell to, they'll see scamming signs instantly. If you have friends who do a lot of paypal trading, ask them for help when you're first starting out with paypal. Oh and make sure the person you ask to help you isn't a scammer himself.

Russian name? --> Scammer

Can't speak English? --> Scammer (jk, but no rly)

Steamrep says they're a scammer? --> Probly a scammer

A paypal note doesn't do anything, trade with reputable traders to avoid getting chargedback (even if that means taking slightly less money).

What I do, is if I deem the person to be reputable, I'll ask them to copy their steamID64 (find it for them), this is to keep track of who you sold things to if something were to happen. Take any screenshots you want of things you think  are important to keep (especially if it's for a high value paypal trades).

When they send you money, make sure the steamID64 matches with what you gave them to copy onto their note

By reputable I mean:

- Tons of TF2 hours

- Lots of games

- High Steam level

- Has external (NOT Profile) rep (duh) make sure you check it urself, don't let them feed you links (if they do make sure the website isn't fake and they are indeed who they say they are)

- Has a high BP value (doesn't have to be too high but someone with a $3 bp of untradeable stuff will probably scam you)

- etc, etc, pretty sure there are tons of paypal guides out there and even on this site.

On your paypal recent transaction page, click on details, look on the bottom and it should say Instant transfer.

It's always good to ask someone who is experienced to help you with determining who to sell to, they'll see scamming signs instantly. If you have friends who do a lot of paypal trading, ask them for help when you're first starting out with paypal. Oh and make sure the person you ask to help you isn't a scammer himself.

I am really thankful because you helped me with a lot of informations. I have a friend that have already cashed out more than 1500$ and he is even from the same country as i am Romania. He claims that has been chargebacked around 10 buds from a few guys with a good amount of rep, games, tf2 hours, paypal history etc. So i am kinda scared about getting chargebacked after spending most of my free time on tf2 trading.

I am really thankful because you helped me with a lot of informations. I have a friend that have already cashed out more than 1500$ and he is even from the same country as i am Romania. He claims that has been chargebacked around 10 buds from a few guys with a good amount of rep, games, tf2 hours, paypal history etc. So i am kinda scared about getting chargebacked after spending most of my free time on tf2 trading.

It's really difficult for someone new like you to get a hang of who to take money from. The safest thing to do is to ask someone who knows a lot about paypal trading and ask them to help you out.

Your friend probably wasn't too experienced with paypal trading, or extremely unlucky.

Paypal does not cover virtual items, right when they see that and see a chargeback notice the person would get their money back.

If you want to lower the risk of getting scammed, trade someone with good rep and has been money trading for over a few months.

I was recently cashing out and I m going to be charged back over 300 usd but seems like there is nothing I can do with it http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198034739306-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.71619/#post-197098

Anyway I ve chosen a trader with long trade history on outpost and as he hadnt been marked on steamrep or anywhere and got over 1500 hours of tf2 and he was going second I didnt see a reason why I shouldnt trust him. Even my price 36 usd from bud was good so dont feel like paying this price was suspicious

Archived