New trade offer scamm?

albert1996100

Few minutes ago I got a trade offer for few of my CS:GO items,here it what it says: "---Steam Guard---

Hello. The Steam Admins do their yearly check of inventorys. We want to find Bugs with some items and give them back to you, so far they are bugless. If we find a Bug you get of course a replacement of that item and a little compensation of steam wallet. We've picked you randomly. 
Hope you enjoy your Day.
Your Steam Community Admin Team (?) " 

Of course steam dosen't send trade offers =))

So be aware of this method and don't get scammed!

I've not seen it before, but it's not any smarter than any other scam.

Why wouldn't not just create their own item to find out if it is glitched? And the worst of all, Steam refunding your items, I mean that's the joke of the year

Lol. I love how all these scammers think they can impersonate Valve employees with unprofessional, broken English.

Surely a huge company would hire terrible translators, after all.

If you fall from something like this then you deserve to be robbed from. 

Lol. I love how all these scammers think they can impersonate Valve employees with unprofessional, broken English.

I see you've never spoken to Dell tech support. 

Dell tech support talks in a very predictable Indian accent that is TRAINED by Americans to speak that way. Valve support employees all write using US dialect and form letters.

Few minutes ago I got a trade offer for few of my CS:GO items,here it what it says: "---Steam Guard---

Hello. The Steam Admins do their yearly check of inventorys. We want to find Bugs with some items and give them back to you, so far they are bugless. If we find a Bug you get of course a replacement of that item and a little compensation of steam wallet. We've picked you randomly. 

Hope you enjoy your Day.

Your Steam Community Admin Team (?) " 

Of course steam dosen't send trade offers =))

So be aware of this method and don't get scammed!

Late. This has been around for awhile, they just change the meaning every now and then. Sometimes they ask for items with bugs, sometimes they need to find if they were scammed, sometimes for some all kinds of bullshit. Scammers are fucking stupid and you'd have to be dense as hell if you fall for this shit.

Why would an american company need translators for english?

I got this e-mail:

Dear Krawtch,

Hello sir or madam. I am Steam. Trade me your items so I can store them on my servers.

Signed,

Steam.

p.s. -- I am Steam.

What?That is paste :))

When you right click, you get two options when pasting. One is "Paste" and the other is "Paste as Plain Text." The first option does what is shown. The second option will only be the text and won't have that annoying background.

Definitely some Russian using Google translate without double checking. Its gotta be that or someone who has not yet passed the sixth grade grammar lessons inventorys, inventory's, inventories, or invent orlys? 

• Administrators

Contrary to popular belief I don't have more control over the forums than any of the regular mods but if I did then I'd have made a Phishing Scam Flavor of the Month board for all these useless threads months ago

Contrary to popular belief I don't have more control over the forums than any of the regular mods but if I did then I'd have made a Phishing Scam Flavor of the Month board for all these useless threads months ago

Ask Brad to make you admin on the forums. c:

Archived