Questions about christianity

Teh Betmon

I'm after some answers from christians on this forums.. non-christian people shall talk but not answer these..

First question is about God

If Mary was a human and jesus was a human doesn't that make the father(god) also a human ? if so, how can he become a god with a weak human body ?

Second is about the bible

How can you trust the bible if there is various versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ?

Third is about the community

If you saw a christian doing drugs or anything wrong and when you asked him why he answers "jesus died for our sins" is this acceptable and what will your reaction be about that ?

Please be respectful.. and thanks for your time

I don't mean to be rude, but a "Please be respectful" message isn't going to stop a flame war from breaking out if the community doesn't keep their act (which in most cases they can't) together and act professionally.

If a flame war does break out, feel free to abandon thread report related content or even request the thread to be locked to prevent further flaming.

Also, I should point out that I am NOT a Staff Member. I seem to act like one whenever I act professionally.

I don't mean to be rude, but a "Please be respectful" message isn't going to stop a flame war from breaking out if the community doesn't keep their act (which in most cases they can't) together and act professionally.

If a flame war does break out, feel free to abandon thread report related content or even request the thread to be locked to prevent further flaming.

Also, I should point out that I am NOT a Staff Member. I seem to act like one whenever I act professionally.

Flame wars will happen anyways.. just trying to reduce them and keep this thread on-topic.

Flame wars will happen anyways.. just trying to reduce them and keep this thread on-topic.

A for effort, but this community has a hard time keeping their cool when it comes to topics like religion. Just try to react properly should a flame war erupt.

If Mary was a human and jesus was a human doesn't that make the father(god) also a human ? if so, how can he become a god with a weak human body?

I guess you think about religion logically here and that's hard to explain because religion has no valid proof. But let me try to answer logically as well. Mary was a human, yes. And she married Joseph who was also a human. The Bible said Mary was pregnant and she was still a virgin, that's why we call her Blessed Virgin Mary. Do you think a human father can do this? (This is logically.)

How can you trust the bible if there is various of versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity?

I don't really get your question, but let me try to answer. I trust the Bible that it's leading me to the good path, no matter from where the source is. I see the Bible as a book of art. In my opinion, we never know if the whole Bible was factual or no because it was written long ago and it was made to lead people back then where there were old traditions and slavery and all. These days, people often to misinterpret the contain and purposes of the Bible which could cause these flame wars and all. Sad, indeed.

If you saw a christian doing drugs or anything wrong and when you asked him why he answers "jesus died for our sins" is this acceptable and what will your reaction be about that ?

That's another misinterpretation of the Bible. A lot of theories said that Jesus died for the first sin human made which where Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. If I saw that Christian (or anyone else) doing drugs, I would see him as a human being who is very stupid. Drugs are used on medical purposes with correct dose on 'sick' or 'ill' people. But he is using it for what? Killing himself, it is. He is totally not sick and he only cares about his own enjoyment which is a proof that humans are selfish and stubborn.

That's all from me. Huge apology if it offends anyone, because I really have no intention of that. These are just my opinion and I am a human who is not always correct and can do many mistakes. I wish everyone a good day/evening c:

Note: I'm a Roman Catholic. (hey, it counts as Christian too, right?)

not a christian but meh

doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ?

pretty sure it was never noted that jesus is the founder of christianity, just their prophet. 

i would also love to know why god did leave the jews and we are not the chosen people anymore.

he said on the torah that we will be his nation FOREVER and that the shabbat is a symbol of that.

It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+31&version=NIV

This is the words of god. If we are celebrating the shabbat, we are his chosen people. Every religious jew, includes myself ofcourse, do that.

Forever =/= 1300 years.....

and also, the torah isn't allowed us to belive jesus because he was a false prophet.

If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods†(gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,†you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods†(gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you awayfrom the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+13&version=NIV

That's excatly the reason why we did let the romans to kill him. he was a sinner and false prophet that tried to make us belive in false gods (jesus himself and the trinity).

I guess you think about religion logically here and that's hard to explain because religion has no valid proof. But let me try to answer logically as well. Mary was a human, yes. And she married Joseph who was also a human. The Bible said Mary was pregnant and she was still a virgin, that's why we call her Blessed Virgin Mary. Do you think a human father can do this? (This is logically.)

but you call jesus "the son of god" doesn't that mean that joseph is the god ?

I don't really get your question, but let me try to answer. I trust the Bible that it's leading me to the good path, no matter from where the source is. I see the Bible as a book of art. In my opinion, we never know if the whole Bible was factual or no because it was written long ago and it was made to lead people back then where there were old traditions and slavery and all. These days, people often to misinterpret the contain and purposes of the Bible which could cause these flame wars and all. Sad, indeed.

What makes the holy books special is their credibility.. if they lost it they become like any useful book out there.  

That's another misinterpretation of the Bible. A lot of theories said that Jesus died for the first sin human made which where Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. If I saw that Christian (or anyone else) doing drugs, I would see him as a human being who is very stupid. Drugs are used on medical purposes with correct dose on 'sick' or 'ill' people. But he is using it for what? Killing himself, it is. He is totally not sick and he only cares about his own enjoyment which is a proof that humans are selfish and stubborn.

There are countless of popular movies that shows a person with a christ in his chest and doing all the bad stuff he wants.. does the church sue them for that ? or its just ok for the christians ?

but you call jesus "the son of god" doesn't that mean that joseph is the god ?

you can have children outside of marriage, especially if the father is a supposedly omnipotent being

you can have children outside of marriage, especially if the father is a supposedly omnipotent being

This brings another question about god

how wise is it of a god to have a son if he knows that people will crucifix and kill him ?

. Do you think a human father can do this? (This is logically.)

eh forgot to add this.. but can you tell me why all the drawings and arts about god shows that he's a human ?

I'm after some answers from christians on this forums.. non-christian people shall talk but not answer these..

If Mary was a human and jesus was a human doesn't that make the father(god) also a human ? if so, how can he become a god with a weak human body ?

How can you trust the bible if there is various of versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ?

I may not be the strictest Christian around, but I'll try to answer this.

#1 being divine isn't about the body in Christianity, it's about the soul. Nowhere is God accurately described in physical shape, as this isn't important. God could very well have the same exact weak human body, Christians don't know except that he "created men to his image. So he probably has some sort of human form. But once again, that's not what's supposed to matter.

#2 You can't. There is no first author of the bible. Various versions of Christian faith accept or reject various books as being part of the Bible. But it's the thought in the bible that matters, the meaning of the words written down, not exactly how they are written down or by whom. This is why the Bible can be translated. A Dutch or English bible will never be perfect, but (at least to me) it's the thought behind the stories that matters. They're mainly metaphors.

#3 I won't agree with the way he uses that sentence, but religion is something between you and whatever you believe in. If he believes that God/Jesus/Allah supports him in doing something society thinks is bad, that's his problem.

How can you trust the bible if there is various of versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ?

#1 That is the mystery of Jesus Christ. He is every bit God and he is every bit Man. This is something that we as humans cant possibly comprehend and must accept by faith.

#2 "Versions" of the Bible are not like "versions" of a short story. All credible Bible "versions" are actually translations of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic manuscripts. Biblical manuscripts are some of the most credible and numerous works of ancient times we have today.

#3 That would be unacceptable. Either A: that person is not a true Christian or B: he is backsliding and trying to justify his actions when he knows they are wrong.

#2 "Versions" of the Bible are not like "versions" of a short story. All credible Bible "versions" are actually translations of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic manuscripts. Biblical manuscripts are some of the most credible and numerous works of ancient times we have today.

Why there are many translations of bible in english and they all defer in text.. isn't it suppose to be accurate ? and does the people that translated the bible was under supervision ? and do you christians have to read each one of those translations to see which one makes more sense ?

Why there are many translations of bible in english and they all defer in text.. isn't it suppose to be accurate ? and does the people that translated the bible was under supervision ? and do you christians have to read each one of those translations to see which one makes more sense ?

Because those translations have been made for over 500 years. Our knowledge of Ancient Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew have improved. Along with correcting mistakes made by transcribing monks during the Medieval times. Also, English has changed a lot since those days, and in attempts to make the Bible readable for the people of the current age (hence the translation and not reading in the original language) the translations have changed. Shakespeare didn't exactly speak the same English you do.

Anybody can translate the bible and publish it. Copyrights don't really last for 2000 years and there is no author anyway. And hell no you don't read every translation. In fact, I haven't read quite a few parts of the bible in any translation. They are still all pretty much saying the same. Reading it in a different translation is pointless beyond belief unless of course you are studying the differences at university. Not to mention it's incredibly boring

Q&A time !

1# About God

Q:If Mary was a human and jesus was a human doesn't that make the father(god) also a human ? if so, how can he become a god with a weak human body ?

A:

Christians don't know

That is the mystery of Jesus Christ.

This is something that we as humans cant possibly comprehend and must accept by faith.

I guess you think about religion logically here and that's hard to explain because religion has no valid proof.

I have no clue

Q2: How wise is it of a god to have a son if he knows that people will crucifix and kill him?

-Not answered yet.

*New* Q3: if there is multiple gods.. who would you give the priority in worshiping ?

2# About bible:

Q1How can you trust the bible if there is various of versions of it and was written years after jesus death ? doesn't that mean that the first author of the bible was the founder of christianity ?

A:

we never know if the whole Bible was factual or no because it was written long ago

You can't.

There is no first author of the bible.

Q2Why there are many translations of bible in english and they all defer in text.. isn't it suppose to be accurate ? and does the people that translated the bible was under supervision ? and do you christians have to read each one of those translations to see which one makes more sense ?

A: 

1- Because those translations have been made for over 500 years.

2- Anybody can translate the bible and publish it.

3- And hell no you don't read every translation. . Reading it in a different translation is pointless

3# About community

Q1If you saw a christian doing drugs or anything wrong and when you asked him why he answers "jesus died for our sins" is this acceptable and what will your reaction be about that ?

A:

That's another misinterpretation of the Bible.

I would see him as a human being who is very stupid..  He is totally not sick and he only cares about his own enjoyment

I won't agree with the way he uses that sentence

#3 That would be unacceptable.

Q2: There are countless of popular movies that shows a person with a christ in his chest and doing all the bad stuff he wants.. does the church sue them for that ? or its just ok for the christians ?

-Not answered yet

*New* Q3: People don't fear the bible and don't go to church often like before.. and the number of christian believers are decreasing.. are the churches doing anything to recover that loss ? if so, what are the ways they're using ?

Message to whom answering these: if you feel its too much to answer.. feel free to reply to what you can answer and leave what you can't.. and as always.. thanks for your time.

It's because it's all made up mostly. The bible we know today is unbelievably edited and diluted down over time to suit whoever had the agenda. The King James Bible is arguably the biggest joke of all time; nearly as lolworthy as the Book of Mormon. 

Q&A time !

1# About God

Q2: How wise is it of a god to have a son if he knows that people will crucifix and kill him?

*New* Q3: if there is multiple gods.. who would you give the priority in worshiping ?

2# About bible:

Q2: There are countless of popular movies that shows a person with a christ in his chest and doing all the bad stuff he wants.. does the church sue them for that ? or its just ok for the christians ?

*New* Q3: People don't fear the bible and don't go to church often like before.. and the number of christian believers are decreasing.. are the churches doing anything to recover that loss ? if so, what are the ways they're using ?

These are the ones I didn't answer yet, so here goes.

It is wise, because through doing this he improved the world and the people.

The guy with the coolest beard

No, why would you sue people for making movies.

Yes, they are changing the ways church services are done to make them more accessible to youths

It is wise, because through doing this he improved the world and the people.

The guy with the coolest beard

No, why would you sue people for making movies

Yes, they are changing the ways church services are done to make them more accessible to youths

but if he was his son.. why didn't he make him immortal so he can do more to the world ? 

skipping this...

so they aren't spoiling the christianity with that ?

some changes ?

1st one I have no clue

2nd the bible was probably changed so I just go by the 10 commandments and what I believe is actually the right thing. Whenever in doubt, ask yourself "What would Jesus do?"

3rd it isn't acceptable at all.

• 2 weeks later...

but if he was his son.. why didn't he make him immortal so he can do more to the world ? 

skipping this...

so they aren't spoiling the christianity with that ?

some changes ?

Finally returning to talking about religion after a bit of a break.

Jesus already showed the people his mighty power. Some people were ignorant and refused to believe. The reason he wasn't made immortal was so that he could die for our sins. The only way our sins could be forgiven is by Jesus dying for us. Don't ask why. God works in mysterious ways.

Inb4 non-christian comes and says thats stupid hence must be fake.

Finally returning to talking about religion after a bit of a break.

Welcome back

Jesus already showed the people his mighty power. Some people were ignorant and refused to believe. The reason he wasn't made immortal was so that he could die for our sins. The only way our sins could be forgiven is by Jesus dying for us. Don't ask why. God works in mysterious ways.

i'd understand that god should have prescience upon things that isn't necessary to know as humans.. e.g why god created the world in the first place.. but why would god hide important things that we should know to worship him.. shouldn't it be clear ?

there are also facts about jesus and his miracles in other religion's holy books.. but moses, abraham and many others had their miracles too.. why jesus was chosen to be the son of god instead of them ?

if god was omnipotent.. couldn't he forgive all the humans without letting his son die?

Welcome back

i'd understand that god should have prescience upon things that isn't necessary to know as humans.. e.g why god created the world in the first place.. but why would god hide important things that we should know to worship him.. shouldn't it be clear ?

there are also facts about jesus and his miracles in other religion's holy books.. but moses, abraham and many others had their miracles too.. why jesus was chosen to be the son of god instead of them ?

if god was omnipotent.. couldn't he forgive all the humans without letting his son die?

shh, you're starting to make sense, it will scare them away.

Archived