Rules on Craft Hat Suggestions

A Delicious Cashew

With the recent copy and pasting of suggestions, the mods have discussed and agreed that 

All craft hat suggestions must include a substantial amount of proof of the actual hat and NOT just buyers

The incredibly lazy string of suggestions after the update does not fall in line with site policy; our goal is to document prices, and allow users to verify for themselves how accurate a suggestion is. These suggestions do not do that, because they rely on the same handful of links without actually verifying how applicable they are to the specific item.

Any suggestion with only generic links will be closed. Please spread the word.

Edited by TheKaushuMan

For reference & discussion - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/12923-craft-hats/

Short summary: I made the 1.33 list and updated the needed <1.33 craft hats, apologize the cause that it made for the 1.44 (I did not make or support the 1.44 list) - thanks for the quick action made by the mods.

How can anybody possibly think craft hats are "worth" 1.44+ now? As soon as breadboxes go away they will revert immediately to their old prices.

How can anybody possibly think craft hats are "worth" 1.44+ now? As soon as breadboxes go away they will revert immediately to their old prices.

Until then, more profit for scrap.tf. It's a good thing y'all stocked up.

Yet your bot buy them for 1.33 and sell them for 1.66..

Logic?

Yet your bot buy them for 1.33 and sell them for 1.66..

Logic?

As much as we dislike his profiteering, what Geel says it quite true (in my opinion).

Besides, Kaushu's argument is different.

As much as we dislike his profiteering, what Geel says it quite true (in my opinion).

Besides, Kaushu's argument is different.

Whats wrong with making a profit?

So now, if I want to rise craft hats price, I have to give sales of every single craft hats, right?

yep, a suggestion for a craft hat is still the same as a suggestion for any other item

• Administrators

-snip-

Want to clarify what Fiskie meant here?

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53ab7dee4dd7b8cb358b4568

Just a quick note for people voting on this or finding evidence for this: Do not include trades where the item itself is being addressed - a random craft hat is just that, random. This placeholder is ideally for craft hats as a commodity where the buyer is not interested in the specific item.

Not sure what he meant. A clear clarification would work.

Did he meant sellers have to mark their trades with "random craft hats". How would that work? How is it possible for anyone to find a seller who marked their trades with "random craft hats"? It close to impossible. Almost close to none seller mark their trades with random craft hats.

Want to clarify what Fiskie meant here?

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53ab7dee4dd7b8cb358b4568

Not sure what he meant. A clear clarification would work.

Did he meant sellers have to mark their trades with "random craft hats". How would that work? How is it possible for anyone to find a seller who marked their trades with "random craft hats"? It close to impossible. Almost close to none seller mark their trades with random craft hats.

look at my suggestion. i explained it there in depth. i totally agree with fiskie.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/53a598224dd7b8c0458b4656

• Administrators

So...what's the point of this again? I feel like this feature is being ignored and utterly pointless.

A bit of explanation is given HERE . I still don't see how anyone will ever use it though.