Using the Backpack.tf Forums 'Status Update'

Seminal Inhalation

Hello fellow backpack.tf users, i'm going to cover how to use the status updates.

Step 1: Find the status update bar.

You will have to be logged in to use it. If you are logged in, then you should be able to see your name in the top right hand corner as seen in this picture.

mshjev.jpg

Step 2: Type your topic in the status update.
The status update feature can be very good for price checks, or asking others to see if an offer you have received on your items is good or not. Example shown in this picture.

qpgpap.jpg

Step 3: Finding your now entered status update

After you finished typing your topic and update your status, you can now see it in the recent status updates to the right as shown in this picture.

r0qpp2.jpg

Step 4: Viewing replies.
When you enter your status update, people are able to reply to it. It will show a feature below your update saying "Add Comment" which you then click to reply to that update. Sometimes it will say "Add comment/Show Comments (1)" meaning there has been a reply to this update and you click that feature to view the replies. As shown in this picture, I received a reply to my status.
2lwt34h.jpg

You can also lock and delete your thread by clicking "Delete" or "Lock" located next to your name in the status update.

You can also delete replies to your post by clicking "Delete" next to the repliers name.

Status updates are very useful if you want a quick reply for something important, or just plugging in your Trades to show others what you are selling. And it's faster and easier than going to make an entire new thread on a sub-forum! Good luck to you all.

you're an fagit

i never knew i could click my name at the top and type that shit in.

whenever i wanted to post a status, i went to "View All Updates" and then posted in the box there.

This thread changed my life.

No other words can explain how I feel.

How are you so polite. I doubt that this is the REAL SSJ5.

He's polite when he's not talking to someone who is being rude/a dick/an idiot/etc.

Sticky please. c:

He's polite when he's not talking to someone who is being rude/a dick/an idiot/etc.

that's quite hypocrital I'd say

Status updates are very useful if you want a quick reply for something important, or just plugging in your Trades to show others what you are selling. And it's faster and easier than going to make an entire new thread on a sub-forum! Good luck to you all.

No.

Please no.

There was a thread put up by Mr. Bucket asking the community if they wanted plugs to be banned. However, the majority of the people were in support of plugs, so plugs are still allowed.

Just don't go spamming your trades 24/7 because that's stupid.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived