How to make your TF2Outpost trade stand out!
-You may have seen trades on TF2Outpost with bright colors and fancy text styles!
-Trades which have a load of views, comments and bookmarks?
-These trades, such as http://imgur.com/a/9zv8H, are using BB code; Which anyone can use!
-=Make sure to remove the full stops I have used to be able to show the code!=-
Bold Text -> Made by simply having [b.] enter your text to make bold [/b.] (Used for titles or/and important info!)
Underline -> Made by having[u.] enter your text to make underlined [/u.] (Used for titles or/and important info!)
Italics -> Made by using[i.] enter your text to make italics [/i.](Used for quotes!)
Strike-through -> Made by simply using[s.]
enter your text to strike-through [/s.](Used for crossing out info and/or crossing out old prices to show a sale!)
Color codes is confusing at first, but there are websites out there, such as html-color-codes.info, which can have pre-made any color you want! But first we need to know how to use these colors!
- The BB-code for color is: [.color=.] followed by [/color.]
- Now we have the layout, after the = sign, you can add your color code. Click any color you see, and under the grid it will show the color code ready to be copy & pasted; paste this after the = sign.
- You should have a code looking like this [.color=#FF0000.] The text inside to color, in this case red [/color.]
Using screenshots is essential for high tier trades, such as unusual trades, when selling; it is always in your interest to show what you are selling at it's best!
Taking high quality screenshots of your item is generally completed in two ways.
- The easiest way of showing off your item!
- Built into steam already!
- By moving the camera angle, and placing your character facing a wall, you can create close ups!
- No need for a image hoster!
- Lacks customizability!
- Limited in terms of graphics and editing!
- A example of a In-Game screenshot is: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=139918683
- Better photo's (Opinion based)
- Involves downloading SFM (Source-Film-Maker)
- Altered picture from in-game
- Hard to learn
- Requires use of a Image Hoster ( etc. Imgur.com)
- It is absolutely customizable, from the miscs to the direct position of the character!
- A example of a SFM screenshot is: http://i.imgur.com/x0Eefgx.jpg
4) User Friendly
- Make sure your text is clear and easy to read!
- Have a easy-to-follow layout!
- Keep to 2-3 color's to avoid cluttering!
- Always keep your notes as short as possible, use bullet-points and brackets for adding info!
You can now use your newly trained skills to wow the world of trades, stand out from the crowd with your own bright colors!
A good practice is to copy your 'trade format' so you don't need to rewrite your BB-Code every time you create a new trade, just post in your old one and edit the info!
Any further questions you can comment or even add me
- Pixelated =)