TF2 Outpost Help

Get Layd

Ok so I just sold my old MacBook Air to my brother. He's wanting to play tf2 and get into trading. As many of you know I was using that computer when I was banned from outpost. So I was wondering if there is a way to prevent my brother from getting banned from outpost simply because they think his account is my alt account?

To my knowledge outpost doesnt IP ban so he should be fine?

EDIT: as long as you dont regularly trade with it suspiciously making it appear it is an alt

Either get your brother to use a VPN, or add an OP mod/admin and prove to them that you're different people. I was going to do this with my brother but there was no point in trying for him.

To my knowledge outpost doesnt IP ban so he should be fine?

EDIT: as long as you dont regularly trade with it suspiciously making it appear it is an alt

Outpost ip-ban ip-adresses that are known to be associated with phishing.

I.e. a bunch of proxies and vpn's.

change your ip?

Not that simple, can't change ip adress just like that, at least not the public one, you can always call your isp and ask but it's not always they are willing to help.

To op: do as mccool said, add a outpost administrator (not a moderator), and talk to them,

Outpost ip-ban ip-adresses that are known to be associated with phishing.

I.e. a bunch of proxies and vpn's.

True but they will not ban the account connecting from the ip address. I've confirmed that if you get banned for using a vpn associated with phishing they will only ban that IP, if you reconntect from a different vpn later with the same account you should be fine.

Well why were you selling stuff for scammers in the first place.

There's a post on these forums explaining why I did what I did. Go find it scrub.

There's a post on these forums explaining why I did what I did. Go find it scrub.

You didn't answer my question.

Oh I answered your question. All you have to do is find the post.

You have not, you told me to find a post. Does not answer my question at all, nor is it relevant.

You have not, you told me to find a post. Does not answer my question at all, nor is it relevant.

Basicly he said he was soo sowwy, and because he's in good with the mods no one cares that he's using an alt to circumvent a ban despite knowing full well its an alt.

Basicly he said he was soo sowwy, and because he's in good with the mods no one cares that he's using an alt to circumvent a ban despite knowing full well its an alt.

Well I only use the alt to search for and price check unusuals. I never post any trades with it on outpost.

Archived