Looking to build a computer for like 1200

(ES) Mr. Bigglesworth

Looking to build a intel based gaming desktop for about 1200 in all (including monitor) and I would like to get some suggestions on parts etc. 

Thanks guys

Looking to build a intel based gaming desktop for about 1200 in all (including monitor) and I would like to get some suggestions on parts etc. 

Thanks guys

I5-4670k 

16gb ram 

gtx780 

I5-4670k 

16gb ram 

gtx780 

just looking at the price of that gtx 780, is there an AMD equivalent to that?

R9 290 same performance as 780

I5-4670k 

16gb ram 

gtx780 

that and a monitor could get over like 1500 :(

I5-4670k 

16gb ram 

gtx780

16 gigabytes of RAM is really overkill at OP's price point. It would be better to put that extra cash into a better GPU.

just looking at the price of that gtx 780, is there an AMD equivalent to that?

If you want to go with radeon why build an intel based computer. Nividia for intel and amd with radeon. That way you get the most out of your hardware. 

that and a monitor could get over like 1500 :(

What else are you trying to get ?

Its odd that all that would easily go over 1500$

It should only cost ~800-1000 for a really good pc build. And a monitor should be ~150-250$

If you want a budget gpu I could recommend the gtx 750ti since that would be the best for the cost. Its only 150$ and then wait till you want to upgrade in the following year+

edit: 8gbs of ram is all you really need anything higher is kinda pointless. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/

Here's my build

Some of the parts are no longer for sale. I'd skip the SSD, I don't use it, was never able to set up cache. IMO, you can't go wrong with a 79XX series. Unfortunately, they're really good for scrypt-based mining so they're pretty hard to get. I would HIGHLY recommend my cooler it worked fine for 2 years (I sent it back b/c issues, but warranty is like 6 years). My headset I would also HIGHLY recommend. My case had some issues, but it's well built.

i5 -- anyone really, 4670k best bet i guess

770 -- great for tf2 and other games

8 gb ram

use excess money to save or put towards two monitors or an ssd

Um what are you looking to play or do on this computer, cus if its only tf2, you don't even need a dedicated graphics card. That's probably the most important thing b4 we tell you what parts to get

Um what are you looking to play or do on this computer, cus if its only tf2, you don't even need a dedicated graphics card. That's probably the most important thing b4 we tell you what parts to get

hes dropping 1200~ you can assume its more than just tf2

hes dropping 1200~ you can assume its more than just tf2

Well he doesn't know the best parts so i feel i'm able to assume he doesn't know whats nessarcy to play tf2.

Srry if i sound rude, but its better to know what he needs, he could easily spend less money or get better peripherals if he knows what he's doing

Well he doesn't know the best parts so i feel i'm able to assume he doesn't know whats nessarcy to play tf2.

Srry if i sound rude, but its better to know what he needs, he could easily spend less money or get better peripherals if he knows what he's doing

No, I like to play games other than tf2, I like games like Thief, Witcher, and a bunch of games that have high reqs like that. although I do like tf2 (too much)

the main reason I am asking, is that when it comes to the hardware of a computer, I'm pretty clueless. I know what I want it to be able to do when it comes to software, but dont really know how to go about getting to that point.

Cpu: Intel 4770K

Gpu: EVGA w/ ACX Cooler GTX 760

Psu: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt 

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 200R 

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB Black Edition

Ram: HyperX 8GB Kit 

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO

You got like 200 bucks left for a monitor.

These guys have some good suggestions, i would probably reccomend the i7 over the i5, although if u need the extra power the i5 is the way to go. Generally, you'd like to get parts on sale so in the end you'll get a lot more bang for your buck :)

Gpu: EVGA w/ ACX Cooler GTX 760

Psu: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 200R

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB Black Edition

Ram: HyperX 8GB Kit

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO

Assuming stock fan and no optical drive.

Use Tigerdirect.com, got $650 in parts for $515 when I built a pc two years ago, $50 graphics card but I get 200 fps in Minecraft easy (Not a bragging point but pretty much only game I log fps in) and the full 60 in League. Pretty much make sure all your parts work together, and look for rebates/sales.

Got a $220 Samsung 24" monitor for $120 on sale at Staples, so a monitor shouldn't be hard.

Assuming stock fan and no optical drive.

Use Tigerdirect.com, got $650 in parts for $515 when I built a pc two years ago, $50 graphics card but I get 200 fps in Minecraft easy (Not a bragging point but pretty much only game I log fps in) and the full 60 in League. Pretty much make sure all your parts work together, and look for rebates/sales.

Got a $220 Samsung 24" monitor for $120 on sale at Staples, so a monitor shouldn't be hard.

Gpu: EVGA w/ ACX Cooler GTX 760

Psu: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt 

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 200R 

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB Black Edition

Ram: HyperX 8GB Kit 

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO

combining the cheapest of these parts from tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca adds up to just over $1400CAD :S

combining the cheapest of these parts from tigerdirect.ca and ncix.ca adds up to just over $1400CAD :S

You should be able to get the CPU for ~$215 and the Ram for $30. That's how much it cost me for 8GB Ram and an Intel i5 Quad Core 2500k.

1TB HDD is easily less than $100

Cases go on sale all the time, under $100

Optical Drive $50, MoBo abiut $100, I have little experience with video cards.

You don't have to get those exact parts or the highest end parts.

My build choice if i had 1200 granted i have a monitor and peripherals from prior machines.

If overclocking:

i5 4670k 210 (on sale)

Hyper 212 evo 35

EVGA 770 w/ ACX  360 (can go to a 760 w/ ACX and save some cash)

8GB Vengeance RAM 90

EVGA stinger 190

BitFenix Prodigy case 100

Samsung 840 evo 120GB 85 (OS)

WD 1TB Black 90 (game storage)

Seasonic 650 Modular 100

$1260

If not overclocking same thing but

i5 4670 (non-k) Ironically its more expensive right now due to the k version being on sale... 220

stock cooler is fine 0

Gigabyte H87 130

8GB Vengeance Ram 70

$1155

Build your OS installer with Rufus (much better than unetbootin) (just setup a triple boot on rMBP with only usb sticks)

I haven't used my optical drive in months. You have a working machine now I assume, make a build ISOs of the discs you need, then use something like virtual clone to mount and run them if required.

You can grab a monitor for under 100$ at times when they are on sale. Granted, its probably gonna suck but its still something.

There's no real reason to go with a stinger. A g43/g45 is more than sufficient.

There's also no reason for a modular psu.

There's no real reason to go with a stinger. A g43/g45 is more than sufficient.

There's also no reason for a modular psu.

in that small of a case there is.

I only put up the stinger as a filler for a decent z87 board for overclocking. Around the same cost if you go with good z87 gigabyte, asus or asrock MB.

Without reading anything, I'll suggest the following:

AMD FX 8320 overclocked 4.4 GHz (I don't care if you want Intel.)

8 / 16 GB RAM (If you think that you need 16, get 16)

Asus Crosshair V Formula Z Mainboard

GTX 770 OC ( 2GB DDR5) from Palit, it's the best card overall of the 770s for about 260 €

Something like this to cool the CPU http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/811x455/2012/06/silverstone_sst-he02_1.JPG Put two small fans on the sides to blast air through it

Then just a bunch of fans from "Alpenföhn" to cool the whole thing down.

Without reading anything, I'll suggest the following:

AMD FX 8320 overclocked 4.4 GHz (I don't care if you want Intel.)

8 / 16 GB RAM (If you think that you need 16, get 16)

Asus Crosshair V Formula Z Mainboard

GTX 770 OC ( 2GB DDR5) from Palit, it's the best card overall of the 770s for about 260 €

Why would you go AMD and nvidia 

Archived