Story Time

Mikusch

Sooooo...

Some time ago I had a trade open where I was selling unique Frying Pans. Someone added me and wanted to buy them all. I thought I had 10 in stock but I had only 9. In the trade window it looked like I had 10 because I am partly colorblind and didn't see the quality border of my Strange Frying Pan. I put it in and didn't check the side chat window. In the end he gave me about 4 ref for 9 unique frying pan+1 strange frying pan.

After I realized that I accidentally gave him my strange Frying Pan I re-added him and wanted to talk about it. He accepted my friend request and insulted me. He also said some shit like "If you want the pan back you gotta pay". I simply de-friended him and accepted that I won't get my pan back. He added me several times again just to insult me and to tell me that I won't get my pan back.

A few days later he added me again and suddendly... he gave me the strange frying pan back. He said "I am not a bad person, let's be friends."

Would you be friends with a guy like that who steals your items and your time?

Wait, was the original agreement that 10 unique pans for 4ref? If so, I'm pretty certain if he doesn't give back the s.Pan that you can file a report on SteamRep as I have seen someone marked because a user accidentally traded a different item thinking it was something thing else.

Anyway hope this helps.

Forgiveness is always the harder thing to do, but I believe it makes you a better person. Glad that guy game to his senses :)

Gaben whispered in his ear saying "I'll f**k you in your sleep, unless you give back his pan"

Sigh.

Good old Gaben.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

P.S. awesome that he gave it back.

I hope this happened to my gold bk sniper rifle that dropped from my first MvM tour. I was new in trading so I made a bad decision and sold it for like 2 keys in items ( I don´t even know how I did accept that...), when I wanted it back, he said "If you´ll give me back my items and add 3 keys, I can give it back to you"... I was asking him to give it back for like 2 days, then I just reported him and putted -rep on his profile. :´C

Wait, was the original agreement that 10 unique pans for 4ref? If so, I'm pretty certain if he doesn't give back the s.Pan that you can file a report on SteamRep as I have seen someone marked because a user accidentally traded a different item thinking it was something thing else.

Anyway hope this helps.

Well if a SR admin were to look at it in late september 2017 why wouldnd't he just close it and say that op has been stupid. Buyer can't help you give him too much. If you order 2 cokes at a restaurant, and pay for that, yet get 3 would you be thrown in jail?

A similar thing happened to me. Somebody sent me a trade offer for my Strange Eyelander. At that time though, I had two Strange Eyelanders. One of them was Killstreak with a Strange Part and the other was just a plain Strange Eyelander. The guy sent me a trade offer for the Killstreak one even though I was only selling the plain one. I didn't notice it was the Killstreak one and accepted.

40 minutes later I realised my mistake and that it was gone. I tried readding the guy. Nothing. I wonder why there was no response, he had an Outpost trade open and was online all the time.

10 days later he finally accepted my friend request. He greeted me with a phishing link. He was phished. My Killstreak Eyelander is now in another backpack of a phishing bot owner and I will never get it back. :(

A similar thing happened to me. Somebody sent me a trade offer for my Strange Eyelander. At that time though, I had two Strange Eyelanders. One of them was Killstreak with a Strange Part and the other was just a plain Strange Eyelander. The guy sent me a trade offer for the Killstreak one even though I was only selling the plain one. I didn't notice it was the Killstreak one and accepted.

40 minutes later I realised my mistake and that it was gone. I tried readding the guy. Nothing. I wonder why there was no response, he had an Outpost trade open and was online all the time.

10 days later he finally accepted my friend request. He greeted me with a phishing link. He was phished. My Killstreak Eyelander is now in another backpack of a phishing bot owner and I will never get it back. :(

Well, a Killstreak Eyelander is not that big deal. Strange Frying Pan is 10 keys so I almost lost half a bud.

it's great of him to return it, but him originally insulting you and continuing to insult is counteracting him giving it back. I wouldn't stay friends with a guy who attempted to steal almost half a bud from me. Thank him for returning it, but there isn't a reason to be buddy-buddy with him.

Be happy you got your pan back, tell the guy to f*ck off, and remove and block his ass and hope you never see him again.

Then go have a victory drink.

Archived