Question regarding unusual origin

GZA

Hi guys i have a question regarding the origin showing @ backpack.tf

some unusuals have the origin: traded and some the origin: found in crate even if they were traded many times before.

someone can explain me how that works?

thx in advamce and have a nice day =)

"Origin" sometimes get changed to "Traded" for items before original_id 580,000,000

That means items created after Nov 2011 can never acquire the "Traded" origin.

Sorry Spu, it's keel tiem. Ur wrong

People tend to assume traded = duped because of some of the older dupes. Current/recent dupes would not be tagged with traded, and even plenty of older dupes would not have that origin. All that traded tag means, is for items traded way wayyyy back in time with the older trading system. They didn't have a very good method of tracking origins then, so any item traded during that time will change the origin permanently to "traded". I have old vint weapons with the Traded tag, that very clearly are not duped. Etc

What's weird about the traded origin however, is that people have found random items with that origin, despite never having been traded during that time. The original crafter of x hat, who has never traded it before, might find his origin to be "traded" if the craft hat was really really old. Dunno why it's like that, but the main point is that assuming traded = duped is so insanely wrong.

Archived